The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dyno graph from an incomplete dyno session

hadyn

Took my Supra down to a rolling road today, who unfortunately couldnt keep the auto in 3rd gear, and it kept kicking down. I got 292bhp from 'half-a-dyno', have a look at the graph below and see if it shows that the car would make above 320bhp @ the fly if it was dyno'd correctly?

Any ideas on what power i should have made by that graph?

dynograph.jpg

it's threads like this that make me want to go BPU ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm trying to be sensible and wait till i've saved for this mod but you guys make it real hard not to do it sooner!

i had the same prob Hadyn when i had mine on the rollers - they claimed i hit 334BHP with an Apexi induction kit & uprated exhaust but they also claimed 430lb/ft of torque as No.2 came on song, which apparently is quite unrealistical

i guess what i'm saying is your score is going to vary each place you go so unless you're going to get stuff setup such as fuelling etc it's probably just going to annoy you! i've recently got one of those G Tech Pro meters that claim to accurately measure your BHP, 0-60, 60-0, Gs, 1/4 mile times etc, so then i've got something that can hopefully give me consistent scores whenever i want & i can compare my times etc after each modification or in different conditions etc

if i were you i'de specifically tell them its an auto if you do this again and when they start uming and arring just walk away, when mine went to THOR it never came up in the conversation it was an auto and never presented a problem, i guess it comes down to the operators knowing what there doing

Wrong. Second gear will not give you proper figures....

As an example: the last Miami-GT dyno day the boys at Surrey RR dynoed my car in 2nd gear because the year previous they remembered what a pain in the ass it was to keep in 3rd gear (no 3rd gear lock on the Soarer) so I got a measley 308bhp....

2 weeks later I went to another RR who took the time to do it properly and in 3rd gear and scored 466bhp before I had a misfire (was well on the way to 500)...

Second gear is crap for the dyno...