The mkiv Supra Owners Club

CF bits for standard VVTI

Ewen

"...nuff said" WELL NO, OBVIOUSLY NOT.

Dusty is quite clear on his site that Seibon stuff does fit.

As per usual I'm left to ask what experience you've had with it? As obviously it conflicts with your own interests in the Modellista range you MUST present some facts or it just looks like you're dissing it cause you don't sell it. You are a trader therefore you must not present rumours and instinct as fact...please present facts and examples that we can actually look at.

Has ANYONE on here got any Seibon parts? Please let me know what you think as I've been close to ordering their stuff before now.

Right I've done a bit of reasearch and there is nothing wrong with the fit...according to people who have the kit.

However...if you can actually contact Modellista, and get parts in a reasonable amount of time, their stuff is pure carbon, and they are starting to produce dry carbon parts. Seibon produced bonnets etc are Fibreglass backed carbon.. This does not affect the fit or finish but does make the Seibon parts heavier.

Hi guys...No Im not after the arch liners, but now, theres a thought !....Im after CF replacements for the OEM black soft plastic lower side sill / wheel arch trims and also a nice CF front lip (again to replace the OEM black plastic one) At the moment, other than the rear wing, thats as far as I want to go body-wise with this car....

I have imported Seibon stuff on two occasions and have found a problem with the fit (on hoods actually) on both occasions and on one the corner was broken off too - however if anyone wants any stuff from Seibon I can and will happily import it for them.

I would prefer to use Modellista where they have a proven quality control - however even saying that I have a query on a hood supplied by them at present... which I am not happy with...however I will be looking into this asap

Once again trying to make trouble where none exists Alex - all starting to make you look a bit silly now..you obviously have issues but suggest you take them elsewhere

Hi guys...No Im not after the arch liners, but now, theres a thought !....Im after CF replacements for the OEM black soft plastic lower side sill / wheel arch trims and also a nice CF front lip (again to replace the OEM black plastic one) At the moment, other than the rear wing, thats as far as I want to go body-wise with this car....

You might consider the Wings West Splitter in Urethane - which is a good product (I understand the company themselves been through some change recently - but hope production now OK)

Modellista do a C/F splitter for the front too

Just an update on this for the purpose of posterity

Have just come across a Seibon C/F hood on customer's car and an objective comment

Positive

C/F appears very nice quality

Utilises centre catch (some makes dont)

Neutral

Fitment not bad - lifts on one side above BOV quite noticibly

Negative

Very flimsy - passenger side hangs down approx 20 inches when held up with the stay!!

Underside trimming peeling away on both sides - not good

Very poorly fitted mesh - ouch!

I would give it 6/10

Apparently the customer was told that bonnet pins were not needed - which IMHO could be quite a serious oversight - but to each their own

On a sales front - Apparently (and no proof0 This was sold at some £100/£150 more expensive then the equivalent Modellistas on my site and there is no comparison IMHO