The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Standard Service Parts

Guest Ken Duncan

Guest Ken Duncan

Hi Everyone.

Just want to introduce myself. I am a new member, my name is Ken Duncan and I am awaiting my Supra to be delivered. Getting a monster 2002, yes 2002 RZS in Royal Sapphire Blue Pearl, heavly modified!! I going to post the proposed spec soon to see what everyone thinks and whether I can make a better mod or add something better/more for greater power without going nitro!

Just a quick question for now regarding Spark plugs and oil filter - standard

service parts. I know production stopped on the Supra in the UK offically in 1996, will UK spark plugs & an oil filter for a 1996 year GZ, RZ which I can get in Halfords fit my RZS 2002 model when I get it? Can someone help?

:thanks:

Ken Duncan

Nice!

How are you getting a 2002 car into the country and registered? Or was it already here before the rule changes?

All service parts are readily available. You car is the same as the VVTi RZS I have, just newer.

Is yours a manual or auto Ken?

Hi Everyone.

will UK spark plugs & an oil filter for a 1996 year GZ, RZ which I can get in Halfords fit my RZS 2002 model when I get it? Can someone help?

:thanks:

Ken Duncan

Hi :welcome:

Go to your local Toyota dealer, give them your model number and chassis number which are on your vin plate (drivers wing).

They can supply parts for post 96 imported cars .

Halfords can get them aswell , they have a catalogue for imported cars.

Also from the traders on here.

Welcome Ken, that sounds like my ideal Supra (as long as its a 6spd ;) :D ). As Jake said was it registered before the rules changed?

With regard to the plugs, the ones you'll need will depend on the state of tune. higher boost levels mean you'll need a colder grade plug with lower gap. If you want to know which plug is best then post up a spec list.

Filter - just use the standard Toyota or Lexus ones.

Best of luck with the new car :)

Hi Ken,

Welcome to the club. That sounds like a lovely motor.

You would be best of using uprated parts on a heavily breathed on car like yours :)

I can recommend the Power Enterprise Mag Oil Filter @ £16, and plugs (depending on your spec) you'd be looking at Denso Iridium IK24 or possibly IK27 if you running big power.

We stock all these parts along with Toyota fuel filters, transmission oil, brake fluid, diff oil and every other service part for the Supra. Let me know if you need anything.

Regards,

Gaz.

Guest Ken Duncan

Hi Jake.

Thanks for replying.

Mine will be a Tiptronic with VVTi & monster mods. Going to paste up the spec to see what you all think.

Speak to you soon

Go to your local Toyota dealer, give them your model number and chassis number which are on your vin plate (drivers wing).

Oh yeah, good luck with that! My local dealer won't even talk to me and quote stupid over the top prices when you give them part numbers. w*nkers.

Car sounds good. Same as mine :D

Hi Ken, and welcome...

Yes, go for a Toyota one. Well, the Lexus V8 filter. There is a thread somewhere on here about this and also provides part numbers.... Worth getting drain plug washer also, and oil sourced from Oilman. I use Silkolene Pro in my VVT-i

Wondering like some of the others.. How did you get the car into the country, or did you just buy it off someone who had already imported her in?

Cheers,

Marcus.

Guest Ken Duncan

Hi Guys.

To all that have replied thanks. Some great advice will be picking brains nearer the time.

Just to cut a long story short, as most of you are wondering about the car. I haven't got it yet but the importers that are sourcing the car are about the only business that can get supras newer than 1998!

As you all probably know the trouble is getting a car newer than 1998 due to the model report problem and SVA testing. Well, wait for it...... this organisation has it's very own model report station that it uses!!!!!! So as soon as the car enters the country..... yes, a brand knew model report is done for the car!!!! They also have their very own SVA testing equipment!!! So they can source Supras practically any type & any age!!! I wondered if this would be a great importer to source the Supras for the Club? What do you all think? If so, where can I post it so that the whole club sees it?

I will be posting the dream spec up soon. The car should be 1000BHP+ as I am heavily modifying a VVTi with R1 Tiptronic box & the last and best of the Supras!!! Also this organisation can put the mods on for you to your personal specification. The organisation is called..........Bonsai Cars! Web URL is.... http://www.bonsaicars.com. The guy I am dealing with is Chris Perrier. So if anyone is interested go to the web site and phone chris. He'll give you the details.

Also, Chris tells me there are rumours in japan of the go ahead for a SUPRA MARK 5!!!!! Yes 'MARK 5'! Monsterous!!!!!

Speak to you all soon.

Ken Duncan :clap:

• 4 weeks later...
Just seen this. So what was it? A sneaky way of advertising Bonsaicars?

Nope.

There was a mis-understanding between Ken and Chris, and Ken will back us up on this. The test we are talking about is a single emmissions test which can be done but most people don't go for it because of the expense involved.

As some people may know, some may not. We were the people who enabled D-Shox to get his '98 supra registered together with SVA Uk.

There is a lot of myth about this company and a lot of bad mouthing too. We are here to help and things may not go smoothly all the time - but where cars are involved - do they ever!!!!

So why didn't "Ken" come back and explain that? You have to admit that it does look suspiciously like an attempt to join as a newbie and advertise Bonsai car sales eh?

TBH its people like you that made me wary about joining forums. I am a member because I love supra's and have one of my own. The fact that I work for Bonsai has nothing to do with it.

Yes I want to protect their name because its who i work for, and it is not my fault that a customer mis-understood what he was being told.

If i wanted to advertise do you not think I would reply to all the 'who to buy from' posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not even listed in the dealer section.

Teri what is happening with the other new model you have there or is that gone (or is this the one) ??? I know you were looking at getting the tests set up to get that registered.

Different car but our gunmetal 2001 sup is at the lab at the moment having its tests done.

TBH I would love to see some of the peoples faces on here when they realize that what we do advertise is actually real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!