The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help

gregsupra4

Hi All,

I trust everyone is in good health ???

Right to my point I need some advise !!!

Can someone please tell me if there is a way that I can add ABS to my car as I do not have it at the moment.

The reason behind this is that I would like to try Racelogics launch control system.

Or if anyone knows of another way that I can get the same result please feel free to tell.

Thank You.

:respekt:

Really I do not know why it has not got ABS the paperwork says it is a 1995 but could be a late 1994 it's an import so who knows, it is also manual.

Just as a point on the vin plate in the engine bay is all the relevent information but where it say's trans/axle it only shows the trans number no axle number, is this something others have.

:respekt:

As Ian says you can just fit the sensors so you can fit the RLTC. Greg if you need some new sensors organising, let me know and I'll get price for you.

If you want to fit complete ABS system I could have a chat with my supplier and see what would be involved, parts and labour wise.

Christ knows :) Budget for four abs hubs + sensors + wiring looms for the sensors (v. important as they are shielded). That plus some custom wiring for power + ground etc. and you can plumb the sensors straight into the RLTC unit's sensor inputs. You won't have ABS but you will have God's own traction control.

If your research shows you have holes in the hub for ABS sensors and the ABS sensor ring fitted (important that :) ) then you save cash, hurrah.

-Ian

If your research shows you have holes in the hub for ABS sensors and the ABS sensor ring fitted (important that :) ) then you save cash, hurrah.

I'd have thought T would use the same hubs and just block the holes but then again knowing how they chop and change every other part/number then perhaps not. Might be worth contacting Chrs Wilson he may well know.

I'm sure I've read on here of members who have retro fitted the sensors, Greg maybe worth doing a search and seeing if you find any relevant threads. I'll also have a chat with my supplier tomorrow, as he should be able to tell me what would be required.

OR.......

Racelogic used to do their own devices for non-abs cars. Consists of something that straps onto the driveshafts with teeth (high/low spots) on them and some sensors that fit onto the suspension (so they travel up and down with the driveshafts) and read the pulses from the things on the shafts.

Not sure if they still do these, but I know they used to.

You'd have to ask them.