The mkiv Supra Owners Club

6 speed box

Guest trackday addict

Guest trackday addict

Hi Guys,

Jesus is it hard work to get hold of a 6 speed box or what :giveup:

Had a breaker in London who took my credit catd payment based on a 48 hour delivery & 4 days later no box :shrug: - called him up & yeh sorry forgot to phone you but the casing is damaged - what a tosser !! :complain:

Only place i could get 1 from at the mo is the states but not cheap (over £1100) & then the duty to pay etc etc.

Ready to slash my wrists now :cry:

Try these guys....

TCB Performance parts Ltd

Florence Road

Kelly Bray

Callington

Cornwall

PL17 8EG

Tel 01579 383879

I paid £816-62 inc (with delivery) for a gearbox, proshaft and master and slave clutch cylinders.

They appeared to have a number of 'boxes there.

Hope that helps.

Guest trackday addict
Try these guys....

Florence Road

Kelly Bray

Callington

Cornwall

PL17 8EG

Tel 01579 383879

I paid £816-62 inc (with delivery) for a gearbox, proshaft and master and slave clutch cylinders.

Many thanks & will give them a bell in the morning - :thanks:

Suppose I have to put on bandage on the slashed wrists now then :p :clap:

Guest trackday addict

Hope I'm not going to really annoy anyone but: wait for it :(

I've got a skyline - yeh I know i know :thumbdown

1/2 way through turning it into a track monster (fully stripped out now, resprayed) already done things like suspension hks, brakes AP & engine will be good for about 850 - 900.

Have not got £5k to spend on a quaife box (that will break anyway) & want to put a supra 6 speed on (dont think anyone has done this conversion before - or if they have have not heard about it).

The supra getrag box is awesome (had a play with a mates) - 1000bhp no worries & if it does break on a drag day then not silly money to repair etc.

Go on abuse me :rolleyes: - I'm waiting for it -lol

remember we are all part of the Japanese family :D

& really I do love Supras :D

Guest trackday addict
What happened? :) and more importantly where do u do your trackdays :D

Hi Bob,

anywhere mate really - last one was at Brands - paddock hill bend gets the bum cheeks twitching or maybe thats me being :limp: :)

Hope I'm not going to really annoy anyone but: wait for it

I've got a skyline - yeh I know i know

Go on abuse me - I'm waiting for it -lol

remember we are all part of the Japanese family

& really I do love Supras

I'm wondering why you think we'd be bothered that you have a Skyline? Could you explain please?

You must be a least the third Skyline owner I've seen saying things like that on here. I don't get it, do you Skyline chaps think Supra owners have issues with Skylines, or what?

Thanks

Guest trackday addict
I'm wondering why you think we'd be bothered that you have a Skyline? Could you explain please?

You must be a least the third Skyline owner I've seen saying things like that on here. I don't get it, do you Skyline chaps think Supra owners have issues with Skylines, or what?

Thanks

Hi Jake,

No offence meant & was meant in jest.

Nope i think both Skyline & Supra owners have a mutual admiration for the others cars as both are fantastic weapons. £ for £ in terms of value for BHP - nothing else to touch them. Be good to see more joint trackdays etc

Hi Jake,

Nope i think both Skyline & Supra owners have a mutual admiration for the others cars as both are fantastic weapons. £ for £ in terms of value for BHP - nothing else to touch them. Be good to see more joint trackdays etc

Now theres an idea :thumbs:

Guest trackday addict
Hehe, do you go on your own or with a club/friends?

I'd be interesting in attending a session at Brands :thumbs:

Bob - will give you a shout when the next one is (prob November)

A few of us are also looking at Cadwell in November but TBH Cadwell is far better for bikes or smaller engined cars.

I go to quite a few with other Skyline guys & quite a few with good mates who have everything thing from BMW's, Supras etc - always good fun & plenty of people willing to help. :)

Have you done many to date?

Just 2 trips to the Nurburgring. Im a track newbie tbh but I really enjoyed it! I want to do some days on decent tracks in the UK. Was thinking about doing a session at Bedford Autodrome sometime to play about with the car in a 'safer' environment.. gotta get in contact with my friend who goes in his Elise.

Guest trackday addict

Bedfords not bad tbh - have done a couple of Jonathan Palmer days there - about time they got a proper jap car though - lol (had good fun in the evo i have to admit)

top of your list then has to be Brands (full circuit), silverstone, Snetterton etc.

The bloody caterhams/radicals are a nightmare though lol - murder you on the corners & then you catch them up on the straights.

Hi Jake,

Nope i think both Skyline & Supra owners have a mutual admiration for the others cars as both are fantastic weapons. £ for £ in terms of value for BHP - nothing else to touch them.

No probs matey, no offence was taken. I was just interested why Skyline guys often go like "I know you're gonna hate me but I've got a Skyline"

I'd like to do some track days but it's damn expensive. I can't afford to ruin a new set of tyres in one day.

I dunno about Silverstone - it just looks boring to me. Very wide and flat until you get under the bridge. I'm sure its different once you drive it tho :)

Brands looks cool as does Donnington, I loved the Ring because of the variations/cambers/hills etc. I know Bedford is flat as a witches tit but its a good place to learn the cars limits safely.

Snetterton is cool, went to my first BTCC race there and was where I first saw a Supra in the flesh back in '94.

Only place i could get 1 from at the mo is the states but not cheap (over £1100) & then the duty to pay etc etc.

The supra getrag box is awesome (had a play with a mates) - 1000bhp no worries & if it does break on a drag day then not silly money to repair etc.

[/Quote]

Eh? :shrug:

Guest trackday addict

I'd like to do some track days but it's damn expensive. I can't afford to ruin a new set of tyres in one day.

You'll probably get 2 days out of a set mate with a bit of luck, i ran goodyear f1's last time before the old engine came out & they were brilliant - plenty of wear left at the end - not to bad price wise either place in Bournemouth called Protyre doing them for £130 fitted each (275's x 18)

Guest trackday addict
Eh? :shrug:

In comparison to spending £5 k or more on a quaife or similar.

Have seen quite a few posts & pics & heard quite a few stories about people breaking them & the companies not wanting to know about it afterwards.

I was whinging about the States price as obviously far bit cheaper over here & last hassle with tax/postage etc.

Guest trackday addict
Try these guys....

Florence Road

Kelly Bray

Callington

Cornwall

PL17 8EG

Tel 01579 383879

ARRGGGGHHHH - called them & they have nothing at the mo :violin: :violin:

Thanks for the contact though the more numbers I have the better the chance of getting a box eventually :respekt: