The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Front Bumper - Testing the Water

JamesArup

Hey all,

Over the past 2 years of ownership, I have lost count of the number of people that have asked what my front bumper is, and where they can get it. I've even had people asking to buy it directly off my car!! :stickpoke

As far as I am aware, it's a Zeek nosecone and it's no longer in production. I've not seen another one on a Supra in 2 years worth of meets and gatherings, and I don't recall seeing any pics on here of one in the UK :thumbs:

I have come across somewhere where I can get a mould made of my bumper, and reproductions produced. Obviously this is a fairly costly process, so I just wanted to see if there really is much interest in it. If it seems viable, then I may go ahead and get the mould made ..... if only so I can have a spare :tongue: . What do people reckon? Attached are some pics of the bumper on my car ... more images are also available on my site HERE

p.s. Anyone think I should have my CF bonnet sprayed in black to match the car?? :stickpoke

Cheers, J :thumbs:

supra_bump1.jpg

supra_bump2.jpg

supra_bump3.jpg

Hi James, bumpers v nice but not the one for me.....as to the bonnet, PLEASE dont paint it......carbon is going to be around for a very long time and along with anodised alloy and stainless steel it is one of the prime-materials...besides, IMO painting it kind of nullifies the reason you bought it ?

I think Iank has the same bumper......lovely car there mate
Cheers dude :D

PLEASE dont paint it
Heh heh ... Nah, it's very unlikely that I would .. just wondering how it would look against the rest of the car ;)

Make that 2 in the country!
Awesome .. I was starting to feel left out there :respekt: . Did yours come with the car, or did you buy it somewhere? Are you aware of anywhere that sells it? Is it actually Zeek for that matter?

Questions, Questions, Questions :D

Cheers, J

Awesome .. I was starting to feel left out there :respekt: . Did yours come with the car, or did you buy it somewhere? Are you aware of anywhere that sells it? Is it actually Zeek for that matter?

Cheers, J

Yea its a zeek and it came with the car when i imported it.

Haven't seen anyothers for sale anywhere.

Lets keep them for ourselves! ;)

Heh heh .... You wouldn't BELIEVE the amount of holes I've put in that bumper. Infact ... It's just aquired another one. My bodywork guys are getting sick to death of repairing and re-painting it! They love it really :D :D

Well ... I may see how much it will cost anyway ... just incase. It would be a shame to see what is, in my opinion, an awesome looking bumper go to the grave with our 2 cars :cry: :cry:

Cheers, J :D

lol tell me about it, they didn't make the fibreglass very thick did they! :shrug:

When my car was imported the MOT station cracked it when it came off the ramp which they paid for to get repaired which was lucky to be honest.

Ive now cracked it just under the driverside indicator thanks to a harsh speed hump :complain:

Ive had my HKS suspension jacked up at the front now so off to the bodyshop for another repair! :yawn: :D

Heh heh. We've actually put a steel bar along the inside bottom lip of the bumper to make it more rigid :D . We've also wedged 'blocks' of fiberglass in along the inside of the front lip to make it really solid too.

I found that everytime I scraped a speedbump etc, the bumper would flex and all the paint on the bottom of the 'mouth' of the bumper would start to crack. That no longer happens now that it's been strengthened :lalala: :clap:

p.s. Just realised ... how come my bumper didn't come with a nice lady draped all over it like yours :eyebrows: