The mkiv Supra Owners Club

RLTC

Nic

RLTC is a true progressive traction control system fully adjustable, it does not rewrite the laws of physics, so can’t control side ways movement of the car, but does give amazing control of rotational slip of the rear wheels, with compensation for cornering. It has a range of in cockpit settings adjustable from the drivers seat, from wet for standing water to 20% for rear end drifting and off for right foot control. Launch and full throttle gear shifting are options.

If you find the car a hand full in the wet or you find the stock control dangerous then RLTC may be for you. I think all members who have crashed a MKIV when the rear end stepped out big time due to excessive slip, make RLTC their top priority mod when the car is repaired. Many members of this BBS have it fitted so a ride to sample its function may be possible at one of our many meets.

Graham Rudd developed a lovely little window application that makes setting up RLTC really easy and gives your passenger the chance to do some live logging of the various functions. Race logic were so impressed they have one of their tech guys writing their own version to distribute with the product, but not available yet.

I have a bank of tried and tested dat files (the file that contains all the settings to make the unit work) these are really easy to load up using a laptop.

PM me for a dat and instructions.

Quite a few of us have done self install so advice and notes are available, just search through technical for details.

Phil

Paul, this has been discussed many times. We have found that many RL units contained an internal dat that was not setup to give optimum traction control for the MKIV just a generic 6 cylinder file. Most do not match our ABS wheel sensor data. Most of these systems work but were considerably improved by a custom dat. I have seen many files and almost all could be improved. One or two were so bad the car would not run with the unit switched on. If you have Grahams app send me a copy of your dat and I will let you know what I find.

Originally posted by Terminator

Paul, this has been discussed many times. We have found that many RL units contained an internal dat that was not setup to give optimum traction control for the MKIV just a generic 6 cylinder file. Most do not match our ABS wheel sensor data. Most of these systems work but were considerably improved by a custom dat. I have seen many files and almost all could be improved. One or two were so bad the car would not run with the unit switched on. If you have Grahams app send me a copy of your dat and I will let you know what I find.

Ok - the last part in English please - just pretend you are talking to someone who read 'how to bullshit in computers' but who knows nothing!

Ooops - thats me!

I do not have a laptop - is the DAT file on the net? - or can Graham email

I presume than that this is downloaded onto a CD - is there an interface on the RLTC? and where please?

I then borrow a laptop - take it to the car

How is this data transferred? - where do I plug in etc etc

See what I mean!

Step by step would be verrrry large!

Cheers

Paul

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Snowman

I have taction control on my wish list at the moment.

What sort of money are we talking so I know how long it will be on the list and not on the car?

Hey Snowman,

This is something I am looking at, at the mo. See http://www.racelogic.co.uk/traction.htm

They have current pricing at: http://www.racelogic.co.uk/Traction%20Control%20Aug%202002%20Price%20List.pdf

I see Paul W has it for sale at £625 on his website.

Shop around chap!

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I have had my RLTC since Jan and love it but, since it was installed at TorqueIC the light on the dash "Trac OFF" is constantly lit. I have pressed the ON/OFF button for the stock TC but, this has no effect. I just assumed that this was normal but, it's got me thinking now.

I did not have the HKS butterfly removal kit installed, just the RLTC.

Any advice ? Should the light still be switched on ? I am not aware that the fuse has been pulled. (I have not checked)

I also assumed that the stock system is still in place and functional but that the RL unit kicks in so much earlier that the stock system is now never used.

Hmmmm.:conf:

Guest Martin F
Originally posted by Peter Sharp

I am not aware that the fuse has been pulled. (I have not checked)

Go check, i have a feeling you will find that they have pulled the fuse.