The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Self Import

Guest active

Guest active

Hi all,

I’m hoping you can help, I’ve been after a Supra for quite some time but I’ve finally decided to bite the bullet and buy one. However, there is a small issue, I don’t want to buy one from a dealer/trader because I’d like to buy one myself from Japan as it might help keep costs down and it will add to the whole experience…

So my question is, can anyone recommend some websites from Japan where I could do such a thing as find a Supra and put it in my basket, pay for it and then go through the whole buying/import procedure?

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Unless you have a contact in Japan who can check the car over its really not worth the risk of importing directly. Until the car gets here, you'll never know what you've got.

Best bet is to contact Jurgen as he gets the cars checked over before they get to auction. He's got an excellent reputation and has imported some quality cars. Have a search on his name and you'll see what I mean.

As the other guys have mentioned, its a nightmare due to the fact you don't know anyone out there.

You've got to know someone who works for you, not someone who is out to make a fast buck as a dealer...

Speak with Jurgen (hes on his holidays for another week I beleive).

Oh... and welcome :)

Gaz.

Guest active

Thank you so much for all your replies, it is very much appreciated.

Colsoop, I’m form Leicester.

Nismo_lp – stunning car you have there mate, I will get in touch with Jurgen when he is back.

Thanks all.