The mkiv Supra Owners Club

jap/uk.windscreen

cleland

Just found this in anther post:

Right matey boy youve spoke to the right person here!!!

The windscreen fitted in the supra is blue with a green top tint(about 4 inches down from the top of the screen)

The product code is 8284ablgn and also make sure they bring out a 8284asmc with them as that is the trim set for the car,If you get autoglass out to do it they should have the screen on the shelf at the distribution centre in leicester so it should be here in a few days tops,but make sure when they come that you check the trim that they have before he goes anywhere near the car as alot of fitters tend to use a trim which goes on easier but isnt the right one for the car and will look crap after,when he does come and take the screen out he will be using a kent knife and a few other varied tools,be warned to tell him that a 3quaters of an inch kent knife will touch the roof lining if its not pushed through right,also tell him to use white top primer on any bits where it may have gone down to the bare metal when he removes the screen as otherwise without it it could lead to rust problems a few years down the line,Any other queries pm me your number and i will give you a call!

cheers Tim

peter the sreen is from toyota its the uk part and is 154 plus vat and the fitting kit is 20 plus vat they did mension a trim to stop water,

does that info sound right!

I don't know :shrug:

Do you not have windscreen cover on your insurance policy ? i.e. £50 to replace your screen ? Why pay more.....

• 2 weeks later...

Do you not have windscreen cover on your insurance policy ? i.e. £50 to replace your screen ? Why pay more.....

last year i was with Direct line and they got autoglass out to change mine. If i remember rightly the guy at autoglass just asked if it had the green tint at the top thats all. Didn't ask me if it was a uk or jap spec but then Direct Line might have told them already.

cost me £50 and got it done the next day. - thats good service.

:yeahthat:

if your fully comp. you should have windscreen cover..... £50? new windscreen?.....BARGAIN???

and makes no diff. to no claims bonus, doesn't effect it what so ever :D