The mkiv Supra Owners Club

put supra away for winter

mikeyh

hi guys after my latest disaster (blown turbos) ive decided to put the supra into storage over the winter and try and save enough to go single. :p

know is there anything i should do whilst the car is off the road so far ive

left handbrake off

disconnected battery

made sure antifreeze is ok

is there anything else i should do? :shrug:

:thanks:

Lindsey:

I found this online and thought it would come in handy, it has loads of good tips, etc... maybe someone who knows about these things should look it over too incase there is something on there that they don't recommend. It is pretty thorough!

http://autorepair.about.com/od/carcare/a/storecar.htm

p.s. there are 3 pages of it...

Lindsey, your always looking for things for other poeple lol !!! :clap:

I know this is going to open that old can of beans and for that i am sorry. I have spoken to TBourner, Paul at Miami-GT and Simon Norris at Norris Designs already about this but i am a believer that you cant have enough info. My tubbies dont smoke during normal operation or during startup but during highboost/thrashing (which i rarely do obviously!) or during afterrun (or whatever the clever people call it) they smoke but not enough for me to see it from the drivers seat. So, they are on the way out and its only a matter of time before they go bang bang.

My options as i see it are as follows :-

a) replace with scrappers and run the risc of them going bang far too soon £1000.

b) Go new hybrids £1800.

c) Go single £take out mortgage.

d) Get 2nd hand hybrids of decent quality, get them refurbed and installed £1400.

What are peoples thoughts on the subject??

Sorry for you MikeyH, hurts doesnt it!!:cry:

I know this is going to open that old can of beans and for that i am sorry. I have spoken to TBourner, Paul at Miami-GT and Simon Norris at Norris Designs already about this but i am a believer that you cant have enough info. My tubbies dont smoke during normal operation or during startup but during highboost/thrashing (which i rarely do obviously!) or during afterrun (or whatever the clever people call it) they smoke but not enough for me to see it from the drivers seat. So, they are on the way out and its only a matter of time before they go bang bang.

My options as i see it are as follows :-

a) replace with scrappers and run the risc of them going bang far too soon £1000.

b) Go new hybrids £1800.

c) Go single £take out mortgage.

d) Get 2nd hand hybrids of decent quality, get them refurbed and installed £1400.

What are peoples thoughts on the subject??

Sorry for you MikeyH, hurts doesnt it!!:cry:

it does hurt but cant wait for single :thumbs: seems to be alot cheaper to do single now adays vortex kits seem to get alot of :thumbs: on here havn't heard anyone moaning. the budget kit can be supplied fitted new injectors and emanage also mapped for around the 4000 mark. this is a large sum of money but from the feedback ive had seems well worth it push the boat out you know you want to :tongue: