The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Common Supra's 2

Gerry

OK I admit it, I got it all wrong when I said Supra's we not that common !

Date Saturday

Place Chiverley Services

Event Gummball West

So there we were, Laz & Katie, Jaymdee and Soo & I.

Stood in the carpark having a coffe waiting for our new leaders Mr T & Susan in thier nice white Supra.

Enter left, nice white Supra !

"Here they are" I shouted (proud to be the first to spot them with my old failing eye sight), but them a young whippersnapper at the back says, no, it's not them !

Looking again it was true, but as I said "they must be with us anyway" so when they didn't park with us, I marched over to introduce me and drag them over to the gang.

I was a little suprised that they seemed a little confused when I thrust out a hand and said "I'm Gatso, wer'e all over there" after some more joint confusion, we worked out that although they were Newbie members of the club, it was pure chance that they had pulled in !!!!!!

Were a nice pair though and promised to keep an eye out for the next meet.

Shortly after this our leaders did show up in the "right" white Supra !!

Not the end of the story..... sorry.

A few minutes later another Supe pulled in and parked a little way from us (obviously a bit shy I thought) so again I marched over, looked at the guy through the window and shouted "you with us then".

He seemed a little put out at this question and looked the other way (I should have guessed by then and slunk away) but no, I persisted when he got out and tried to ignoor me "you with us then, nice colour car" (I lied) !

and stuck my hand out in a manly greeting..

Although he did shake it (sort of) he just said "no" and went !!!

So, Supra's common - to bloody right !