The mkiv Supra Owners Club

your supra how do you rate it

steady_eddie

this is aimed at the NA owners mainly.

i really want a mkiv supra really want one bad. but speed is my friend, my bestest friend of all times. in my mkiii turbo i could (sold it now) blow away audi TT's and boxterS's

would i be able to do the same in a mkiv NA?

go on, this is a thread for all the NA owners to come out and tell us how fast there car is, ok so more than 70 is breaking the law, so keep it like "on a private track..."

Crikey, what did you have done to your mkiii? Mine couldn't blow away boxterS's that's for sure. It was fast but THAT fast!

p.s. I've got a feeling you won't be impressed with the NA coming from a mkiii turbo. Get a TT you know you want to ;)

was probably all in the driving ability, but i had boost turned up to just under fuel cut BPU mods and a very well built engine(untill big end failure) , beat a 2.8 Z3 too, dunno maybe the driver in the porker couldnt drive that well.

the TT supra is just to expensive

I'm lucky to be able to drive the TT and the NA regularly. When I'm in the TT I spend most of my time looking for something to race, in the NA I just go out and enjoy the car.

IMO there are enough hot hatches around now to give the NA a bit of trouble.

I'm lucky to be able to drive the TT and the NA regularly. When I'm in the TT I spend most of my time looking for something to race, in the NA I just go out and enjoy the car.

Its disgraceful !

We must curb this new loutish female generation before they breed.

Girl-racers who drink more than their men and patrol the estates looking for cars to race - AND FOR KICKS - beating them in a TT, whatever next ?

;)

Its disgraceful !

We must curb this new loutish female generation before they breed.

Girl-racers who drink more than most men and patrol the estates looking for cars to race - AND FOR KICKS - beating them in a TT, whatever next ?

;)

Sorry, just needed to edit your post ;)

BOT; I'd agree, if power is your main goal, get the TT. I'm not saying that NA's are not powerful, but once you start dowm the modification path, there's no comparison.

Scrap that cobblers, I've just hammered a Golf GTI in my NA. I slowed down to see the look on his face and it was priceless when he realised it was a girl driving too.

I love my car :love:

I have had my N/A for a few days and love it too bits! Ok I'm only 21 so loving the fact I have a real sports car and not just a nova! I havent given it loads yet as I'm still getting used to its size (had a Mkii MR2 last) but still very impressed

I wouldn't worry too much about TT's if you're in an N/A :limp:

Boxster-S i would still have a go at & try to outdrive rather than outrun (would fail).

The N/A is ok, i am a petrolhead & power hungry but as much as I wanted a TT, I just couldn't justify the cost of one at a reasonable age & bought my N/A a year ago.

Nearly any half decent hothatch will beat you in the traffic light grand prix, but i wouldn't play in buit up areas so that doesn't matter to me. Out on the open road you will slaughter them with rolling power & handling.

I had a MK3 3 litre turbo & there's not so much in it between the MK3T in standard form & a N/A MK4 (IMHO).

I also drive skyline 2.5 GTST-S a lot & they are only a bit quicker *in the right conditions*.

And ......... the BESt BIT .......... All those idiots that bully lesser cars, will often drive past timidly rather than provoke you to perform ............. they probably *think* it's one of those TT's that killed them last time :clap: :clap: :clap:

Best one I had was a smooth dude in an Aston, he came blasting past me & when I pulled out behind him to see how quick HE was, he moved left & stayed there :limp: I reckon he had met one of the main men here at sometime & was still embarrassed :respekt:

Nearly any half decent hothatch will beat you in the traffic light grand prix, but i wouldn't play in buit up areas so that doesn't matter to me.

I'd disagree with this bit, if you've got a manual NA and you know how to launch it, no hothatch will stand a chance. RWD vs FWD you should always have them from a standstill.

To answer the original question, last time I was at Pod I raced a modded MR2 with twin exhausts (I won), a brand new Seat Cupra R (I won) and a MkIII turbo (I lost by more than I beat the other 2), so in terms of straight line speed a MkIV NA will be a step backwards for you, with no cheap way of making it go faster.

You'll be able to hold your own with Boxsters (not 'S's) and Audi TTs, but you won't be able to leave them behind. A few years ago there was nothing cheap that could kill a MkIV NA, not even a V6 Clio or 330ci Beemer. Nowadays however there are Meganes, Astras, Clios and even (yuck) Vectras that'll cause you difficulties. Of course they're still paying almost £20K, whereas you can get a decent NA for sub-£5K...

:looney:

A well driven Civic Type R can give you a good run for your money when racing in the N/A ....

Still beat it though, and most things that try it on !!!

Has anyone got any actual figures for the n/a? eg 30-70, 50-90

i have seen a couple of 1/4 mile slips which list it at around 15 or so? is this true?

I have been umming and arring about a supra and use my car daily so am considering an n/a, but crave the power of a turboed car again.

I dont want to get an n/a and find that its no quicker than a 15 second pass, as thats slower than my FTO, and thats FWD!

considerably i hope.

i run nitrous on the FTO and am looking for a big step up as i can run 14's if turned on

I used to own rev 3 mr2 turbo's (2) so want something that is similar to 60, but more importantly, can eat away the motorway miles.

The supra matches everything-looks, reliability, cost. Just down to whether i bother with the n/a, or just go all out and get a TT.

Have you dragged your n/a Matt?

I'd disagree with this bit, if you've got a manual NA and you know how to launch it, no hothatch will stand a chance. RWD vs FWD you should always have them from a standstill.

Fair comment & i partially agree with you ;)

Mine is an auto, so obviously a bit sluggish off the mark, but the main factor is that i'm not prepared to trash MY car to prove a point to a local pikey in his 172 clio :limp: He's got more dash - I got more flash :respekt:

Couldn't help smiling (friendly) to myself about your "tag" .......... broken my gearbox If this is the result, i don't WANT to know "How to launch" :cry:

even though i just tagged onto this thread, thanks for the answers guys.

you may see me back up by christmas time if ive found a suitable manual TT

To tell the truth.....

I got an NA simply because I've always loved the Supra and didnt think I would mind about the fact it wasn't a TT with the extra power involved.

However, since I went in Getrags TT the other night, its made me want the extra power thats on tap. Not to boy race, or take on the track to be the fastest about. But simply to have the option. That extra power wouls come in handy when you need a little boost just to put off all the wannabees before having to get to the top end.

Problem now is that I'm pretty sure I paid a bit over the odds for my NA (it was an impulse, just get it now, buy), and selling would mean a loss and then the extra for a TT. Plus Ive spent a little on her as well. Which would just make the TT seem even more expensive, as no doubt i'd want to change some things on a new one as well.

Personally dont know much about converting, but from the advise on here it would seem even more expensive to do that.

So although I love my NA, I must admit to yearning for that extra bit of grunt when needed.

I suppose my advise would be to really really do a bit of soul searching before you take the plunge. It can be an expensive mistake.

Not that I consider my NA a mistake.