The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Getting closer.

Robbie

My car is now running :ecstatic:

Its been 2 and a half years in the making and waiting ...

Just to see and hear it ru nning again has made me so happy.

Its being tuned now along with a few little extra cooling bits to go on so I'm reconing for about 2 more weeks of fettleing/ running in then I can hit the road once more.

I'd like to say a big thankyou to all the people who have helped along the way

and a special thanks to Gary and Chris at GT-ART for putting many more hours in than Ive paid them for, Kean at Boostlogic for all his bits of kit and time spent on the phone and Zeeka at Trac art for giving parts off another engine after Justin left my with a pile of bits! :swear:

Ive put in a few pics as well. :love:

DSCF2025.jpg

Engine2.jpg

Engine3.jpg

Engine4.jpg

Engine.jpg

Hi Steve It spent 6 months at Torque IC then justin shut down the company and buggered off after paying him too much money. I then managed to get Gary to take it on but most of the parts were missing from when it was at Torque IC. It was a complete mess.Zeeka helped me make up some of the larger missing parts but I,ve had to buy dozens and dozens from new. Also the only way I could get gary to take this on at the money u could afford was to allow him to fit the reconstruction in between his other work. During that time I decided to go the whole hog and go single and earning all the money for the parts has taken many months!

There have been so many small things to order along the way, bolts one week brackets the next... that the weeks roll by just waiting for parts to arrive!

Its been exremly fustrating at times

So far. the spec on the car is:

Tein suspension

Whiteline sway bar and bushes

All new bushes on rear suspension

Complete underbody de rust and paint job

Grooved front discs and braided hoses

Kahn RSR's with 285/235s

Boostlogic autobox with 3800pi torque convertor

2 autobox oil coolers

1 Mocal oil cooler

Boostlogic t67 turbo manifold , downpipe

Hks 50mm waistgate

Boostlogic twin pump Fuel system with 75lb injectors

Hks superdragger 2 tail pipe

Hks Type 'R' intercooler

Hks BOv

Chris wilson Radiator

Jun pistons

Jun Con rods

Jun 264 cams

Hks vernier pullies

Boostlogic crank pulley

Crower valve springs and retainers

Modified, ported head with multiangle valves and some oher clever things to help it handle a lot more rpm's

Egr block off plates

Lots of bling/ polished bits.

Hks v-pro ecu.

Hks boost controler

Hks knock amp

Too many of guages

Hks Twinspark DLI

Extra cooling for engine to come!

I'm sure there's more but I think you get the idea

Matt. :eyebrows: I havn't driven my soop for all that time now, let along one thats completly new in anger :scare:

I was thinking of putting sat nav in as well but then I thought of you and quickly changed my mind :rolleyes:

To be honest some of the stuff Gary has done is new on a soop so there's no telling how quick it could be. Anything's going to feel fast after using my girlfriends bog standard s13 for all this time :)