The mkiv Supra Owners Club

200mph for £25k?

Gazboy

How much would you say the Supe owes CRD? Have they ever run for more than 1.25 miles?

I think they say on their website were they were trying to sell it. It's very had to put a figure on what a tuner says they've spent as it wouldn't be a real world price to joe bloggs. 40k springs to mind for some reason though. (Don't know why and I'm probably wrong)

Guest Terry S
Chis ran 184 at TOTB with a 3.266 diff. If he had a diff from an NA auto (4.083) he'd probaby have topped 200. With a TT auto diff (3.769) he'd have had a fighting chance.

Am I being daft with Diff ratios here?

Am I being daft with Diff ratios here?

Nah I think Digs' dropped the ball was giving him time to notice for himself lol

It's the UK Manual Diff that's got the highest top speed....unless you had a 10,000rpm rev limit the others would harm top speed not help it.

UK Diff - 3.133 + Autobox = about 231mph...with a stock rev limit.

Guest Terry S
Nah I think Digs' dropped the ball was giving him time to notice for himself lol

It's the UK Manual Diff that's got the highest top speed....unless you had a 10,000rpm rev limit the others would harm top speed not help it.

UK Diff - 3.133 + Autobox = about 231mph...with a stock rev limit.

Yeah I know LOL, no wonder they can't build fast cars..... :p

Don't think anyone's tried it Pete...I have a feeling Dude was going to...

Basically though if you have the power it won't affect them adversly infact in a drag run you'll change gear less and if your powerband is large enough you'll actually accelerate faster through the 1/4mile and get to a higher top speed...but I'd say once you're into top gear without mammouth torque you won't get to the top speed as fast as a stock geared car.

there is already a 200mph post somewhere.... Look at that. My GPS was just shy of 200 when i had to back off... i have a TRD diff... not sure if the ratios are hugely different but i was just in front of the red line in 6th and my aftermarket bonnet nearly went for a flying lesson. Oh and make sure your car is on top quality low profile ZR's or they may try to walk off the rims.

Guest hairy fish

wouldnt have thought it would stay on the ground above a gen 180...there are very few things on this planet that do a gen 200 and i have one of them in my garage and go there once every week or so. its shape that matters above 180...big power and torque are needed but shape is the deciding factor,drag multiplies and multiplies above the 180 mark and you have to be in big contact with the ground...everything goes very light and weird at 190...at 200 its an even bigger step,every 10mph feels like another 50..its fun but you have no friends at 200.when you think of it you are going quicker than a 747 is going at take off speed.i agree with neo1 ud have some serious issues with bodywork not wanting to hang around to long when you are aproaching the big 2.