The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bovington Victims

Pig

:swear:

Bovington claims yet another victim.

:violin:

Since that great days dragging my baby has started to leave patches of oil when she is parked.

:scare:

I took her to the garage today and apparently its the rear axle cooler thats ****ed.

They have quoted me £200 for the parts alone. :drown:

As you can imagine i want to :cry:

They are taking the car apart in the next hour or so to confirm that is the problem. If it is this thats the problem, should i get them to go ahead and fix it or is there another way around this. e.g a supra club expert that might be able to help.

Also any one know any one near stansted airport that might be able to help me with my MOT for when my cats happen to go missing??? :innocent:

And last moan, loads of stone chip on paint and another windscreen.

Lets be honest though......cant wait for the next one.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Terry S
:swear:

Bovington claims yet another victim.

:violin:

Since that great days dragging my baby has started to leave patches of oil when she is parked.

:scare:

I took her to the garage today and apparently its the rear axle cooler thats ****ed.

They have quoted me £200 for the parts alone. :drown:

As you can imagine i want to :cry:

They are taking the car apart in the next hour or so to confirm that is the problem. If it is this thats the problem, should i get them to go ahead and fix it or is there another way around this. e.g a supra club expert that might be able to help.

Also any one know any one near stansted airport that might be able to help me with my MOT for when my cats happen to go missing??? :innocent:

And last moan, loads of stone chip on paint and another windscreen.

Lets be honest though......cant wait for the next one.

Disconnect the diff cooler. Use a decent Diff oil ( Motul Gear 300). Will be fine.

I remember you sat at a round about telling people to go right when you should go straight on :)

Checked my car for stone chips couldn't find any "new" ones, no punctures either. Though i do keep on smelling smoking brakes as mine were smoking nicely on the day. Bit worrying as i haven't used the car since sunday. Got my MOT on Wednesday so will see it the tyres pass or not.

The Z3 there was a friend of mine and has said it's the most fun he's had in ages.

Oh he's also said he's in love with the yellow MR2 driver.... female driver obviously.

So can't wait till next year, Planning permission permitting.

Bloody hell, i told them to go ahead with it now. Thats the last time i use that garage.

Yep uk sepc

More bad news from them aswell, they rung to tell me one of the rear disks is cracked. Told them to leave that prob a good job.

Im gunna go uprated all round.....n e info / oppinions

Im gunna go uprated all round.....n e info / oppinions

Yeah, dont waste your money, stick with the UK brake setup.

BTW if you get a disc replaced at Toyota they will probably force you to buy pads too, they usually change thwe whole lot at once... probably to cover their own backs.

When i changed my tranny cooler and oil cooler the oil ways looked larger on the MOCAL units to standard (tranny) which should aid flow?

Ok my rear tyres are shagged from the power sliding around at the end of the runway and the wheelspinning starts (almost half way at some points), im thinking race logic would have helped.

Anyway the cheapest quote (black circle) is £211.00 ea so far ...275/30/19

Dave :devil:

Personally, I'd block it off. Anyone ever heard of a JDM rear diff overheating and/or failing due to lack of cooler? (with the exception of silly powered cars)

Didn't think so... :rolleyes:

So what about tranny coolers and scoops.......just additional weight?

Or there for a purpose? better to be on the safe side?

Or should we all just cane the fukc out of our cars? i know your answer....lol

Nice to see you and the car back in action Matt :respekt:

Catch up soon

Hi Ya,

Never had a diff cooler on mine and never had any problems even running a single and lots of power.

Just as a mention give a thought for poor old Samsupra37 who lost her clutch on sunday and had a four hour wait for the RAC and a tow home.

She's had it replaced now but they found that the flywheel was f****d as well it was one of those dual plate thingy's with the rubber in between the two plates, anyway came to over £500 pounds to have done.

Oh ya and would love to meet up at santa pod with the evo as he was always in front of me NOT !!!!!

:respekt:

So what about tranny coolers and scoops.......just additional weight?

Or there for a purpose? better to be on the safe side?

Or should we all just cane the fukc out of our cars? i know your answer....lol

Nice to see you and the car back in action Matt :respekt:

Catch up soon

Autobox coolers are well worth doing as you can see those temp really climb once you start doing powerbraking and really abusing the box, but diff cooler?

If someone can show me an example of the diff cooler being a worthwhile upgrade, I'll do it.

If I had a UK car and the diff cooler started leaking, the first thing I'd do would be to remove the heavy pump, cooler, pipework and block it off.

The car would be lighter, faster and more reliable :D

Remove the UK scoop and it would probably be quicker too! - Less wind resistance!!!

:p