The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wish list

Jezz

I thought it would be interesting to see what upgrades, power wise, you guys would look at with a budget of £4k. (to start with!). So far the car is pretty much stock. Twin turb aerotop, de-cat, fcd, 1.0bar. Also, anyone know how many 6 speed manual (twin or single turbs) aerotops there are out there? Add another one to that figure!! :eyebrows:

Didn't Tlicense had a GZ non-aero which he converted to a 6spd?

not sure then, i thought he was aero - but definately not sure

its the 'most wanted' though Jez....well done

id go single now, just to upset people - maybe not for that 4k budget, but how about a T72 kit from Vortex......that would be awesome!

Hhhmm single, or big twin. This is the question. I've also just aquired some trd front wings, if i could get hold of the rear trd sections, it'd be a 6 speed manual aerotop trd turbo! How cool!! Not sure if i should wait and do everything in one hit over winter. Got loads of stuff to put on her. Then again, i dont know how long i can sit and look at the 6sp box, pedal box, just sitting there!! :D

It might be worth getting in touch with TLicence on here, he did his own conversion a couple of years ago. Don't mean to put you off but I think it turned into a bit of nightmare!

I remember that Dude was quoting £4k to do this inc parts.

If its a 'real' aero it will already have been sufficiently strengthened from the factory. Remember that the front/rear struts will only increase lateral stiffness, but if you want to make a significant different you need to achieve longitudinal stiffness with the aero. If the car wasn’t naturally made to be an aero, stiffening the front and rear laterally will actually amplify scuttle shake and make it more 'floppy' longitudinally.

The only way you can really active higher longitudinal stiffness is with a triangular brace between the front and rear of the car, or by fitting a full roll cage. But then that really defeats the point of the aero in the 1st place!

If I were you I’d concentrate on the 6spd swap for now... that'll make it a one of a kind alone!

It is a 'real' aero, but i'm just concerned as to wether bangin a six speed box in will cause some real 'flex' on gearchange. Surely this is why mr t didnt make the aero tt 6spd? I think the miami gt roll cage looks as though its just a four point item that sits just behind the rear of the aero roof line? Can anyone help with this?

It is a 'real' aero, but i'm just concerned as to wether bangin a six speed box in will cause some real 'flex' on gearchange. Surely this is why mr t didnt make the aero tt 6spd?

Nope. The yanks got TT 6spd Aerotops.

I thought yours was a 6spd TT aerotop. Are you just thinking about it? I thought you were saying that it was one.. :yawn: ;)