The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TRD Oil cap....

chilli

I purchased a TRD oil cap from ebay for £15.99, with a further £6 postage! When it finally got here from the states, it turns out that it's a screw fitting and it doesn't fit mine. The seller has offered a refund but by the time i send it back to the states it's not going to be worth my while. Does this fit any supra at all? I was wondering because he advertised it as being for a mk4 supe. If it turns out that it does fit someones, would you be interested in taking it off my hands???

:shrug:

Is it a real one?

It will only fit a MK3 I'm afraid, goes on a lot of other Toyota engines too, MR2 included.

If he's advertised it as fitting the MK4 I'd contact eBay and Paypal (if you paid that way?) and ask for a credit based on the fact he's lied.

Not wanting to rub further salt in the wounds but you can buy the screw fit "replica" caps for £4.99 on eBay in the UK :(

Yeah I suppose, it's just annoying when i've not really had any problems with Ebay until now. Also having some trouble with some anti theft valve caps!! Grrr.

robsheffield had same problem mate he said it went straight on his pals mr2 though. i bought a set of 98spec front indicators from same company and the robbin t***s didn't send the adaptors or bulb holders they should be kicked off ebay!

robsheffield had same problem mate he said it went straight on his pals mr2 though. i bought a set of 98spec front indicators from same company and the robbin t***s didn't send the adaptors or bulb holders they should be kicked off ebay!

yep - fits an MR2 turbo a treat..i paid 30 quid plus postage for the screw one, complete idiot...lets ALL leave some negative feedback eh!

Yeah, I'm leaving negative feedback and going to try and get the money back from paypal too - it's just and email or two and I'll do it out of principle more than for the money, because if everyone just left it then these rogue ebay traders earn money out of conning people...

If I get the money back I'll put it towards a real TRD one, even though I think circa £60 is verging on daylight robbery for a oil filler cap lol. Mind you it's a lot better than £15 for a fake one that doesn't even fit!

Still got to resolve a dispute on these anti-theft valve caps too, has anyone else ordered them with or without success?

I had such a good run with ebay up until recently, oh well, guess that’s life, at least the items were cheap and I'll be more careful in the future now.

Still got to resolve a dispute on these anti-theft valve caps too, has anyone else ordered them with or without success?

do you mean the ones from a seller called valvecaps in brazil? if so i just got mine after 5 weeks. i get the feeling he will send them just takes ages

do you mean the ones from a seller called valvecaps in brazil? if so i just got mine after 5 weeks. i get the feeling he will send them just takes ages

Yes thats the one, ok well I don't mind waiting so long as they do turn up eventually then. Are they any good? I had my normal chrome caps nicked so I figure these are much needed.

The TRD cap, I don't think it's original, wouldn't have been £15 otherwise, thing is I wouldn't mind (for the price) - it's still made of alloy etc, if only it fitted on the car! I'll just pay for the proper thing now, not worth the hassle anymore.

Yes thats the one, ok well I don't mind waiting so long as they do turn up eventually then. Are they any good? I had my normal chrome caps nicked so I figure these are much needed

they are ok for the money, should be enough to stop kids nicking them anyway. he told me twice they were sent, so i decided to just wait and see.