The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stock wheels question

SupraLuigi

My NA came with 16s and 225's all round. They looked pants and the tyres on them weren't really up to the job. I got some 18s with wider tyres front and back which I will admit was for looks more than anything else, but compared to the 16s the car is a whole lot better behaved now.

I'm still running on standard.. (RZS 6spd manual facelift TT Jspec on an N)

245. 45. 16. rear

225. 50. 16. front

Presumably rear are wider to put the power down better over the wider area?

And yes they are f-kin expensive to shoe - can recommend Toyo TS1s winter and Bridgestone Expidia for the summer.

Faye,

Does your car still have the sticker below the door striker plate telling you the right size tyres and pressures? (It's covered by the door when it's shut, if you see what I mean)

Just wondering what it says on there.

I've got the sticker, just can't 100% remember what it says. I'll have a look tonight, I'm all curious now.

I do remember at the time being bitterly disappointed that the ugly stock wheels were 16s and no bigger than the nice stock wheels I had on my previous car.

Faye,

i'm pretty sure NONE of the Soops ever came as standard with "same" back as

front.

Peeps just sometimes end up "saving money" or using what's "left over" ?!?

Went to see one in a dealers last week which had 18's all round but ALL were

225/40-18's... it's usually far cheaper to buy the narrower rears. But, it didn't fill the rear arches properly AT ALL ! looked a bit Skinny.

I'm sure you COULD drive round for EVER with narrow rears on and never come to any harm, but on the other hand ONE could be a terrible driver like MOI and NEED the extra rear width (that refers to wheels AND Bot's :tongue: )

FatS.

Jake - had a check of the car. The sticker has two rows which refer to 225s, then a third row that has 245 on it. Is this what you've got?

Keith's just checked his car out and it seems to be saying the UKs can run on 235s at the rear!!!!