The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Um a few simple questions (quick reply would be cool)

Daston

Hi all im a total noob!

Having a look at a soop tomorrow (looks very tidy from pics) however it has done 70k (miles) is this allot for a N/A? I had an MR2 before that blew up after a week with a cracked head (it had done 170k though) just dont want it to happen again. Well heres the question it currently has stock wheels and I wish to put 18" on there but what tyers will I need to fit to keep the same cicumference (god knows how you spell it) an also what is a good width for rear tyers so it looks mean but not stupid?

Finaly not sure if it has been de-restricted how much would this set me back to get done as I dont want to break it on the motorway on the way home if I get it :littled:

Thanks for any help

That's not a lot of miles for a NA. It's not a lot for TT and the NA is pretty much the same engine but a lot less stressed.

Stock 16" tyres sizes are Front - 225/50/16, Rear - 245/50/16

You can put up to about 285 on the rear and 255 on the front without body mods/rubbing. Use this calculator to pick the correct aspect ration tyres for the wheel diameter you choose.

To derestrict the car will cost you between £40 and £100 depending on which SLD you choose. The Thor Racing one is best but not cheap at £70+ P&P+ VAT

Driving the car with the limiter still in place will not hurt anything, it just won't go over 112mph

Cheers dudes much help it's a 1993 it has TRD sideskirts and rear skirt looks nice I pray it will be looked after the dealer looks respectable (lots of highly tuned skylines done by them)
It probably has the Toyota Evo sideskirts and spats. Folks who don't know any better often call the optional Toyota Evo ones 'TRD' but the TRD ones are very different and very rare.

Ok will do I'm good at hearing weird things as my MR2 was like a small band with wierd knocks and bangs! Oh how does the stardard exhust sound? As so far the only one I have driven had a 4" HKS exhust and others I have seen go past sound nice but not sure if they are standard

Ok will do I'm good at hearing weird things as my MR2 was like a small band with wierd knocks and bangs! Oh how does the stardard exhust sound? As so far the only one I have driven had a 4" HKS exhust and others I have seen go past sound nice but not sure if they are standard

:welcome: to the club Daston :thumbs:

Have a read of [thread=23259]THIS THREAD[/thread] for advise about what to look for when buying a Supra, there are also a lot more useful threads in the FAQ section in Tech section worth reading before buying.

Is there an online advert for the car you are looking at? Worth posting details to get view on the car and value etc.

As has been said already the 2JZ Supra engine is bullet proof if it has been well maitained.

The standard exhaust is quite quiet as it has 3 silencers (I think) from memory. An aftermarket exhaust and decat will make the a lot louder especially an NA.

Good luck with the search, post photos of the car you look at if you can and we'll be able to give you a view/advice.

Can't really tell much from the photos, it looks as though suspension has been lowered though. Wheels look like standard 16's. The side skirts are the option Toyota ones that Jake mentioned in an earlier post, not TRD. Looks pretty stock all round.

Photos of wheels would show what size brakes it has and engine bay to see if there are any mods.