The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MInt - UK 6sp on 95 N with 34k miles on

Sharpie

What's it worth ?

I met a very nice chap yesterday with a UK 6sp in storm blue, cream leather seats etc...

The car looks mint inside and out, the only mod is a HKS S type FMIC as the stock unit was shot. He has had it for 4yrs and bought it when it had 10k miles on it....jammy sod.

It really does look mint but, is thinking of selling :eek:

What would he get for it ?

Agreed, what colour is it though? Could be a red one.. if so maybe 12-13k is more applicable :tongue: j/k

I'd be very suprised it if was 'mint', not many 10 year old cars are.

I would not have said 'mint' if I had not seen the car myself ;)

He had a full toyota respray last year due to age and had the rims refurb'd so, it looks spanking new - you want to see those cream seats, like NEW, no wear marks :eek:

Yes, full toyota history, from new.

OK, I was not looking at it like a buyer would but, the owner is very picky about his car, almost as anal as me :D

In real life, I wouldn't bet on someone actually paying over 10K for a 10 year old Toyota, but hey, that's my feeling of the present economic environment.

Exceptionally-well kept cars like this one tend to lose out during resale, just as exceptionally-bad cars tend to 'win' and sell closer to the average market price.

If he were to advertise intensely and be prepared to wait he'd find a buyer for more I'd think, but it would take time.

£16K though is not easy to fetch, who are we kidding now...

If it's had a repaint that would SERIOUSLY devalue it in my opinion. A mint car is an original paint car, where I come from :) 9K tops. The repaint would have had to be a glass and trim out job, too, to as new standards, in original colour of course. i wouldn't buy a repainted car myself, unless I'd seen it BEFORE it was painted.

Hi,

Thought I'd add something here, as I'm currently the owner of the car under discussion. (Thanks for the post Pete!)

I met Pete at Bovingdon on Sunday when he kindly offered to take me for a very impressive 1/4 mile dash in his stunning black UK tt. I whimped out and decided not to run my own (too scared I'd get stone chips on it!)

As for the car, it was first registered in June '96 - I have a letter from Toyota which suggests it was probably one of the last UK 6sp Supras built. I have tried to keep it in what I call a 'collectable' condition. Yes Pete's right, it is mint. It's in Storm blue with cream leather and the interior is unmarked and completely original also. Decided to retain the original radio/speakers as I didn't fancy messing about with any of the interior panels etc. Covered 34k miles, with full Lexus/Toyota service history. Also have lots of other documentation to support the mileage. The car is complete with all original hand books, service book, boot tools, both full sets of keys etc.

I have (as good as) accepted an offer of 15.5k although the money hasn't actually arrived yet! I will be very, very sad to see it go. Change of circumstances mean the money will go towards a house deposit.

I do have a HKS type-S intercooler fitted so unfortunately had to remove the electric front spoiler. (Didn't research sufficiently to realise this constraint when I purchased the intercooler)

Actually, I may sell the spoiler if anyone's interested? It's a complete assembly with the fiberglass undertray, motor, spoiler and all linkages.

Cheers.

It's a complete assembly with the fiberglass undertray, Cheers.

It's plastic ;)

I was going to send you an email with a link to this thread so, you could see it's progress but, not get lots of PM's with silly offers....

Anyway, it was very nice to meet you and your m8, I'm crap with names so, forget his name.

I hope you are able to get the video off your camera and emailed/hosted somewhere soon :D

It was good chatting with you.

Cheers Ade :)

£15.5k sounds like a reasonable price to me, lets face it these are collectable - it's a modern day classic, rather special and they don't make them anymore of course...

As CW says, the respray could seriously devalue the car, but I can only assume from the agreed price that the repsray was done very professionally to the highest standards - that can't have been cheap!

At this price, it has to be an enthusiast who gets it, excellent.

Mine is also a late UK storm blue, so I'm a fan of the beasts, but mileage and condition are not up to showroom standards (to put it mildly, lol)

Hopefully the new owner will be shown the way to this forum, so we'll keep the babies all together ;-)

I shudder to think how much a full Mr T repsray costs, any ideas anyone or shouldn't I even ask?

So does that mean a car that has been repsrayed a different colour cant even make it to the "Very Nice" status then? Must admit I've never been a fan of colour changes, but it depends what you want out of your car at the end of the day. Could a modified car ever make it to the mint category I wonder?

Even though storm blue is a nice and inoffensive colour (I place it well above red and silver) if I were to respray the car it would be metalic black.

The amount of stonechips I've added to the front is amazing, it's like a magnet for rocks, where do they come from, are they meteorites? :drown:

I agree with Chris though, a resprayed car rings alarm bells, loud ones too. As a seller, you then have to prove that it wasn't because of an accident.

I think black with a flick can look really nice! Black is a bit of a 'mare to keep looking nice though, as I've discovered (anyone want to finish polishing my car for me? lol).

I know exactly what you mean about the stone chips though, I figure I'll just have to get the front nose resprayed at some point and so there is no point worrying about it.