The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Why do you love your supra

Jezz

Cant believe this is the first time this has been asked on this site !!!!!

1 / Ive always been into Toyotas - ST / Celica Supra / MKIII - owning a MkIV was inevitable karma

2 / Ive always been into design - the Supe was and is one of the best looking front engined GT coupes ever IMO - similar / with a hint of the Jag XK, Aston DB7, Porsche 911 but better balanced than all but one (AM) and more aggressively styled than any of em.

3 / Ive always been into the Japanese culture - Samurais / sushi / bonkers cars....I cant explain it in words, but driving a Supe for me is being part of a metal romance with an idea of eastern exotica and individuality that I dont get behind the wheel of BMs / TVRs and others Ive had a crack at

4 / Performance - sits very nicely in between a lardy lazy V8 and a dentist drill RX7....not so much max power / top speed, but torque and great handling straight out of the crate

You did ask !

Always knew you went for the MILF

one day when i was leaving fleetsbridge tesco's and got to traffic lights to leave the place (you'll know where i mean) the women next to me knocked on window and started talking to me about how nice the car was and what size engine etc.... Thing was she must of been 40ish and was definatly MILF :eyebrows: but it was fact her 18 /19 yr old daughter was in passanger seat i didnt know where to look :ecstatic:

Supes come with a bit of baggage tho....like the e-mails I get all the time ' Hi EFTI' (Ewen Foster - Teenage Imposter) or 'Dear Mr Too Fister Too Furious' or 'Hi Ewen, hows the CWC (chest wig chariot) etc etc .......such funny jolly jesters - may their next sh*te be a hedgehog

The Looks, power and the only chance i came to owning one till now was on a Playstation or Xbox. One of those cult cars made famous partly due to consoles and a couple of films.

When Im a pensioner I can look back and say I owed one of those. Classic

I fell for the mkIII. When the IV came out I was in lurve. Could never afford one back then. To me it was all about the look. Now, it's the look and the POWER. Just a little press on the loud pedal is usually enough to warn people off. Not been chatted up in it yet. Not sure what the missus would say if I was!!

Love at first sight!

First Supra I ever saw drove down my road and (fortunately) parked up - much to my ex-husband's amusement, I hobbled down the road as fast as I could on my crutches (result of my 'invisible' motorbike) to see what the hell it was... been in love ever since :love: ! Didn't care how fast it went then, just loved the styling (although I did suspect it would be as much fun as my bike). Hobbled back with a big grin on my face :ecstatic: , and told him it was my dream car! Dream lasted longer than my husband haha...

Got burgled and had both cars nicked 3 weeks ago :violin: , seemed like the ideal opportunity get my dream car :giveup: . Took an NA out for a blast but it wasn't as quick and didn't handle as well as the 'family' car (BMW c330i sport coupe); took a TT out... SOLD!

Pick it up next Tuesday! Can't wait!

freind went into Halfrauds the other day and asks if they could give him a window wiper for his Mondeo...the guy goes out the back, come back and says ' Ive had to ask the manager but he says its a good exchange'....sorry, dont like Mondeos