The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HELP Full exhaust system needed

Pig

Hi guys,

:help: :help: :help:

I checked with my insurance company today and i can get an exhaust.

Can you lot please help me with whats out there and who to go to to get it fitted.

Also need boost control but insurance company said no. Any way around this? like just linking it up for events???

Hey Jon...

There's a load of similar stuff on the forum actually and I think some sound bites. Do a search and you'll be surprised.

Other than that, most of the traders onthe forum could sort you out, all you need to do is decide how loud and how much ;) If you can get to a another meet before you decide you can go around and have a listen.

I guess you saw/heard my Tanabe Racing but there are sooo many out there. Not going to be an easy choice mate, I can tell you.

PM me if you need specific advice - I'll try to help.

Uk, geeza said to me main two things to do to a uk are exhaust and boost control.

Budget prob around the 500 mark although its really whats out there for what money. I would quite like to be able to go on a long journey with out too much of a drone in the background. (prob not gunna happen though)

Geeza's right, you'll need the boost controller to make the most of a decatted UK car.

With £500 you might be a bit stretched if you want to bin both cats. Chris Wilson decat pipes are around the £280 mark, you could try getting cheaper ones off ebay, for say £150.

That leaves about £350 for a cat-back. The only one that comes to mind for that price is the RSR. Its one of the loudest and has great ground clearance.

If you had another £100-150 you'll have much more choice. The Nur is very popular with people here, Tannabe (Which IMO is one of the best sounding around), HKS Hiper (the new one) is supposed to be quiet...

Have a search, this question comes up pretty much once a week – there’s a lot of information available on the site already.

Good luck

ahhh so difficult. Thanks for your help. it sounds like i am going to have to extend my budget. I will have a look tommorrow if i need any more help can i pm you. u seem to know your stuff. i dont want to put the wrong one on and then feel like a right idiot after. Cheers Jon

Mate, feel free to PM but you'll only get my opinion. If you have any specific questions that you haven't found an answer too then you're best of posting in Supra chat, you'll get much more input :)

Edited to add: If money is tight you could just go with a cat-back only, or a cat back + 1st cat replacement pipe. That'll help a little with the power (and noise :D ) but will also help remove some heat from the engine bay.

In my experience decatting didn't make all that much of a difference to the sound of the car, just a little more sound at WOT.