The mkiv Supra Owners Club

hi, new owner here.

stylieee

hi all, just bought my first supra. it's a black 95 uk spec tt6, factory standard apart from a touch screen head unit out of some newer toyota and vvti wheels. hopefully i'll be adding a few bits and pieces to it soon, but mainly cosmetic stuff, as at 23 im still public enemy No. 1 as far as insurance companies are concerned.

this seems like a really good forum and i've already learnt a fair bit from searching it.

Matt.

:)

no pics as of yet but ill sort that out soon.

btw.... can anyone tell me if this will fit a uk supra, and if its genuine (ie not blitz "style").....

filter on ebay

Hello and welcome. Unfortunately the filter you mention probably WILL fit, whether it's a good idea to fit it is another thing. Do a search on here and you'll find that they're not considered to be much cop, loads of people that bought cars with them fitted have gone back to the stock airbox / filter which is a very good design.

Hiya mate, welcome to the club :) The peeps on here are very helpful, as you have already seen.

I've got a Blitz filter on mine too - got the reciept from the previous owner for about £230!!! If you've got your heart set on one, you can have mine for a reasonable price - I'm going back to the stock airbox! :)

no pics as of yet but ill sort that out soon.

btw.... can anyone tell me if this will fit a uk supra, and if its genuine (ie not blitz "style").....

filter on ebay

Hello and welcome :)

The US cars have the same MAF sensor as the UK/Euro ones so I don't see why it shouldn't fit.

As others have said, don't bother replacing it. Its a really pointless mod, it will reduce power (Especially when you're in traffic), has poorer filtration and won't make much difference with the induction noise (Once you're over 2k rpm the turbo wine will be louder than the induction). I'm another one who binned a brand new Apexi for the stock box!

PS: Want to buy an Apexi filter? :D