The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cheap/free mods?

tbourner

My mate has an Astra MKIV, and wants to do some stuff to it to make it a bit more personal, he isn't really into bodykits and stuff and can't afford them anyway, the other problem is his gf isn't very appreciative of me trying to persuade him to do car stuff all the time!!

I'm looking for ideas of what can be done personally to cars that's free or very cheap?

I've got some blue metallic spray and silver paint left so might go to work on some of his plastics!!!

He's looked at bits like lexus style lights and blue lit kick plates, but even they're a bit too pricey plus he doesn't want to let me loose on wiring!! :p

Any ideas?

As above, colour code some of the interior bits, have just done all my dash and makes quite a difference, maybe a few LED's they are cheap enough and very easy to wire. Plus the more the interior is improved the less people will look at the outside of the car and so bodykits etc will not be needed..!

Guest Jamie_k

neon washer jets are cheap enough ;)

on a serious note, debadging works well, and as long as its not overboard interior plastic colour coding can look good

and i know it sounds silly but more importantly nothing beats a good valet

All good so far (except washer jets and furry dice!!).

He has steel wheels so no brake caliper paint, he was looking at 'alloy look' hub caps but I told him not to be silly! :p

I think a set of alloys are out the question too.

I'll find out if he'll mind changing interior light to blue, they tend to be a bit dark after the change.

Can anyone here do a blue LED conversion on the dash cheap? Emin?

• 3 weeks later...

There probably isn't much point to us, but he loves his car as much as I love mine and he wants to do something to it that's personal to him. He asked me because I've done quite a bit to my car so he wanted some advice - I get all my advice from here :p so asked you lot!

Just cos it's not a fast car or an expensive car doesn't give people the right to say it doesn't deserve to have money spent on it. Don't become like the TVR owners of this world please!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...