The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tyre Repair Question

hadyn

My 275/35/18 toyo proxes rear tyre exploded today whilst at Bovingdon airfield event in my supra. The tyre is now flat and when it went some of the top of the tyre came off the rim itself. At the rear of the tyre the seal is still there and the rim has not left the tyre. My question is can this be repaired or is it a write off?

They can repair if, the hole is on the flat part of the tyre i.e. not the side wall or where it starts to curve at the edges. They need to fit a patch on the inside of the tyre, normally about 1-2inchin diameter, so if the hole has an inch around it, which is flat then it should be ok. This is if the rest of the tyre is in good condition.

They can repair if, the hole is on the flat part of the tyre i.e. not the side wall or where it starts to curve at the edges. They need to fit a patch on the inside of the tyre, normally about 1-2inchin diameter, so if the hole has an inch around it, which is flat then it should be ok. This is if the rest of the tyre is in good condition.

Yep thats spot on..that is what wework on...

Is there any major damage to the tyre??....So the tyre is not sealed to the top of the rim?? But is to the bottom... Best bet strip the tyre off..check for the hole.. patch it..and re seal it..

Only thing isif you have run the car for abit while it has been flat check for side wall damage...

Cheers

Matt

No sign of side-wall damage. It went flat very quickly whilst still on the car, being pushed down by the weight of the car. Now its off the car, apart from being a bit loose at the top of the tyre, the tyre actually looks properly 'inflated' if you get me..

I ripped a tyre off a car of mine not long ago. When i took it to the garage they asked if i had driven any distance on it. They said if i stopped straight away it would have been fine. I moved about 20 metres and now have a (very) slow puncture.

Good luck with it