The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bovingdon today

CJ

I just got home after leaving earlier than most and have to thank James and everyone else concerned for organising a great day out. Even though the weather could have been kinder (the downpour put a "dampener" on my 0-60 etc) overall it was not that bad.

Great to catch up with a lot of the usual suspects and even better to meet new friends. :thumbs:

Oh, and if Matt Harwood and Whitelightening could send me little statuettes of themselves, I will be grateful. I can then put those on my mantlepiece to join the others that have been owned by the Orange Beast!!! :nyah:

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A big well done to James and his other half for organising the event.

It was a great day out. I had fun during the 'free for all' up and down the track but did think it got a bit too lively at points..

Shame more of you didnt make the most of the handling circuit, that was fun, even enough space to do some drifting.

Whens the next one :)

good to meet lots of new members as well, there so many people in the club I dont know anymore...

JB

As Branners said,

V.Good out today and I am lucky to be the first few to do the time run and the road was dry :)

It was my first time on a track and I enjoyed all of it. The track with tyres as layout was fun but scary, I think that was a tyre eater as well.

Big thanks to James and I look forward to the next event.

China

What a superb day!! Many thanks to James & Sabrina for organising the event and all the others who helped out in the background. A really good turnout as well and was nice to meet yet more new faces :)

The free-for-all was a bit crazy at times, but was such great fun :) The 4 cars at a time drag races were a great idea. Racing side by side with the single turbo cars makes you realise just how quick they are once they get grip!

The "track" was actually my favourite, drifting round there with Trig, Pete, James, Brad and the rest was soooo much fun :D (Several of us now need new sets of tyres, but it was worth it!).

The guys doing the photography (Kevin and Andy) have taken hundreds of pictures of the day, had a quick look at some of the pics and they're just fantastic. They will be posting up some low-res samples on their website in the next few days. I'll let everyone know when they are ready!

:thumbs: Great event

Thanks to organisers, was first meet and had an awsume time. Also thanks to all the members for the help you gave me on what mods to start with and the extremely useful tip of traction control fuse out.

Really looking forward to the next one.

Excellent day guys. Thanks to James & Sabrina and family for making this happen. Weather was mixed- shame we didnt get to see proper runs from the single cars. The free runs were brilliant, some really hairy moments. Stacey in her yellow MR2 was untouchable - nice!! Just got back now after clearing up, absolutely shattered. Thanks all!!

Brilliant day! Thanks James and Sabrina!

Good to put some more faces to the names and good to see some cars in the flesh that I've only seen before in mags.

Drifting and dragging rocks. Never drifted before (well, not on purpose anyway!) and never tried wheel-spinning launches before on my auto. I've always been far too conscious of the expense to my tyres. I'm so envious of those people who can afford to go through three sets of tyres in a day.

Oh yeah... Driving Slowdog's Scooby was a riot! I suddenly found myself unbeatable in early free-for-all drags! Never thought I'd like driving a Scooby and I'm a little sad to find that I preferred it to driving my Supa. :( Perhaps it's because it's manual and I could get a better launch than with my laggy stock TT auto?

:( Im now in space saver heaven :) Big thanks to mr slow dog and the club member who lent me his space saver to get home

That be me then :eyebrows: I'm glad it got you home, I don't think it's ever been used before.

TOP day provided by James and Sabrina - THANk YOU, I had sooooo much fun beating those single boys down that strip :D Who said UK spec's are slow :looney:

I did get a time (DRY) of 0-60 in 5 secs flat and a top speed of 95.9 over whatever the distance was ? - Only two runs so, can do much better ;)

The track was VERY good, I did have 4 new F1's all round but, there are not in the best of shape now....never had the rear out for fun before and I loved it!

I'm sooo glad I'm building my car for the track :D

Will post pic's later and a big shout out to the new faces I met up with today.

Many thanks to James and co. Turned out to be a good day out.....

Quite scary early on though, especially noted by the burnout mark that was about 3 feet from my parked car.... I'm sure there wasn't too many stones kicked up from that :complain:

Anyway got a few good pics. I quite like this one of Mr Harwood....

matt_harwood1.jpg