The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Which Wing ?

Ewen

got a TRD type R at present, but never been totaly happy with the look although I like its rarity value (good picknick table too)...if I could replace just the wing section in CF (leaving the uprights as is) that might do it for me, but obviously Id like some opinions......Im not into body kits as such, I love the look as is just lowered with a FO wing, and Im not into lattice-strut mounted wings (JTGT style)...other than what Ive got, any suggestions?

'large, in your face, obvious,ridiculous, or F*** O**' as opposed to the other stylee camp who prefer no wing at all (still fresh on a Supra) or just a small lip for accent...JIC offerered to swap my type R with an S when the car hit the UK, but at that time I was tooo chuffed with the car to think straight

Ewan, if you want a replacement carbon fibre centre section, I can source these here for the TRD R-type and S-type wings. Hell I can even get you a complete R-type or S-type wing in carbon fibre if that floats your boat :D

I've attached a few photos of the different material options available for the S-Type wing (CF, CF/GRP, GRP) I can also get the R-type, at very very good prices.

CIMG0003.JPG

CIMG0007.JPG

CIMG0012.JPG

CIMG0015.JPG

'large, in your face, obvious,ridiculous, or F*** O**'

:D nice

Without meaning to offend, I am not a fan of the type R. I think it looks ok on a really mad car, but not on a nearly stock / stock.

I do love the type S though. And its still rare enough imo.

Hi Nic, (enjoy your Fri night out ?) You know, somehow I knew youd have a CF wing for a Type R....spooky !......actualy, Id seen the type S CF posts but wasnt sure if the type R was still in fashion (assuming it ever was)...Im in turmoil, I like loads of different wings and from some angles I think mine is still the dogs...ITMT please let me know a price for just the CF type R wing section only...oh, and I saw your post re STICKY NUMBERPLATE a bit late, but you are right...see my reply !

hi Willson, so offence taken - ever, on this site - Im not a tuner yet as current car was brought in as the lowest mileage standard VVTI TIP TT I could source and Im saving all the fun of tuning for another future Supe...so, its the look that counts at the mo...and yes Im with you ref the R being a little too IYF on a standard car and yes the S is most sexyful and buggerI cant make up my mind

right...trawled thru loads of pics pics pics (inc my fav raz mag Hyper Rev) and Ive decided to stick with the type R for this car, but bug Nic for a CF wing section, then as funds allow, CF replacements for the standard mini-skirts / front lip / arch trims...so it will be a sea of Quicksilver with CF accents and a bit of stainless bling on the wheels...