The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Taking the supe to France!

michael parker

Can't wait to get away for a few days prior to our house move, off to visit a couple of friends of ours in Maire l'evescault, near to Bordeaux. Getting the overnight ferry from Hull to Zeebrugge arriving sunday morning, then driving 440 miles to Maire l'evescault, looking forward to it, especially after hearing the other week when a mkiv member saying about all the looks the supe got in France! i'll let ya's know how it goes....... :cool:

i took the sprog to euro disney a few years ago and absolutely loved it, you soon get used to jonny foreigners funny driving on the wrong side of the road, and you wont believe the attension a supra gets over there, i stoped for some petrol on a motorway and when i came out after paying the car was surrounded, have fun

Had a great time in france, turns out it was 500 miles each way!!! but :omg: the fascination of other drivers adoring the soop!! i can't explain the love for the car, at first it felt a bit weird, but i soon learnt to lap it up.

In the uk; as you all know you get quite a few looks, though imagine how often the frenc see a car like this!!! every car is a Renault/Peugeot/Citroen.

I even got a thumbs up from a gendermarie van, (local police) as they over took me! Many youths kept overtaking/slowing down/overtaking e.t.c.

Anyway, as me and the fiance went to France to visit a couple of friends, we didn't get many phots of the soop in picturesque locations, cos we couldn't fit all four of us in the soop, so we went out in our friends Mitsubishi Animal, all the time.

Anyway Pic 3: At my friends house, shaded by a tree, Animal in the background!

Pic4: soop at a different angle with a sunny rear end!

Pic 1:Approx 7 am sunrise in France, returning to catch the ferry back to the U.K.

Pic 2: As above.

IM000417.gif

IM000418.gif

IM000407.gif

IM000408.gif

GIFs are designed for small images with few varying colours. Maximum number of colours is 256. Your images look grainey because of this.

JPGs were designed to display images with lots of colour variation at smaller file sizes (clever compression algorithms)

Your 300 or 400k files will probably be just 100k ish as a JPG and look better too!

Cheers Pete, :thanks: you learn something new everyday!! couldn't grasp what you meant last night, no thanks to the xxx glasses of wine no doubt!!

here's the new product:

p.s. d'ya know what the black dot is on the sunrise phots? i'm assuming it's where the sunlight is brightest, as i've had it before when taking a phot of the soop polished up!

IM000407.jpg

IM000408.jpg

IM000417.jpg

IM000418.jpg

IM000423.jpg

p.s. d'ya know what the black dot is on the sunrise phots? i'm assuming it's where the sunlight is brightest, as i've had it before when taking a phot of the soop polished up!
It's the reason they tell you not to look directly at the sun... ;)