The mkiv Supra Owners Club

BPU Mpg

hadyn

Right i think im averaging about 18mpg with my BPU spec Supra at 1bar. I've basically spent £80 on Optimax this month at 95p a litre to do approx 350 miles on mostly a road 60-70mph driving.

Does this sound right?? 80 squid to do 350 miles?

i'm such a tight arse i only stick £20s in a go. Less painfull on the wallet !

Theres no way i get 87.5 miles on £20 !

psychologically i think by only putting £20 in, the car weights less therefore i should get more mileage out of her. but in reality you use more fuel driving around looking for a poxy petrol station !

On my last fillup it worked out at just under 18mpg. For some reason it doesn't seem to make any difference whether its citiy driving or motorway.

Will give the o2 sensor a clean and see if that helps, if not then I might just go ahead and replace it.

Does this sound right?? 80 squid to do 350 miles?

sounds about right for mine

just took a trip to Oban yesterday - got back today...round trip was 335 miles

had a 1/4 tank...topped up with £51 then £26....and just got back with a 1/4 tank

that was with both sensible and spirited driving :innocent:

that's a lot better than i'm gettin and i'm only stock boost! think some sensor cleanin might be in order for me! although i do have a heavy foot :D

I would definitely get a new oxygen sensor and then get the AFR's checked - Best thing I've ever done! I don't have any stats but Fuel economy improved bigtime! I reckon it paid for itself in few weeks.

Ro

• 2 weeks later...