The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi There... and to business.

Guest Boonie

Guest Boonie

Greetings. :help:

I'm looking at importing a Supra and this seems like a logical place to start. The forums for my motorcycle have provided everything I could ever need, so it would seem sensible to follow the tradition.

A brief history for me would be that I have always owned sports cars from MR2's to a Lotus Esprit. Some have been good experiences and others (mentioning no cars in particular) have been absolutely soul destroying. (Thank you Mr Chapman... damn, I said I wasn't going to point a finger)

Anyway, the FAQ's are brilliant on the site and have answered all of the questions I had (FANTASTIC!!! :thumbs: ). But,... what I would like to hear are peoples import success and failures on the cars rather than paperwork problems? What has gone right for you guys and what has gone wrong? What advice would you pass on to newbies such as myself and what should I expect?

Right, my fingers are tired (especially from all that pointing).

Cheers.

Ian

Personally I wouldn't bother with the hassle of importing myself - pay some money and get someone who knows what they are doing to do it. I wouldn't try and fix my boiler or rewire my house, and a car purchase is a whole lot more money, so get an expert in.

Jurgen has a good rep, also check the cars for sale forum on here - there are some good cars already on these shores.

Guest Boonie

I'd already come to that conclusion myself :D

Hi all, and thanks for the welcome. There seems to be a lot of companies that offer their services for a price but all they seem to do is tell you who to phone/when, and what to pay/when, etc. That wasn't what I was looking for. I wanted to go to someone who would show me what was available from the auctions in Japan, guide me to a good purchase and do almost everything for me.

I will check out the link Jurgen and let you know.

This is all working out very nicely indeed. :clap:

> :scare:

Guest Boonie

Well that's the $64K question isn't it. "To turbo or not to turbo" to quote a bard, and "red leather, yellow leather" ring in my ears non stop.

To be honest I'm more concerned with the number of modifications done to the car than the model itself. The JM-Imports site has a fantastic looking blue version, which is being imported especially for someone. It looks amazing and I suppose that's sort of what I'm after more than anything else.

I could quite easily go for any mod'd Japanese import sports car, but too many hours on Gran Turismo just to get the Castrol Supra still haunts my tired and over worked little mind. :cry:

...And so I finally gave in and decided to get one. :ecstatic:

I think I'd be happy with any version, but it has to look right.

Hi Boonie, and :welcome:

I can say you've chosen a great forum here, having joined before my purchase around March. Invaluable.

Jurgen does seem to be the resident import efficionado here - there are many members who can vouch for the quality of what he brings in. :thumbs: