The mkiv Supra Owners Club

admiral lol!!!!

lockys96

i know this has been talked about so many times, but

i still try the online quote and the only mk4 supra they can match import wise, is a supra turbo auto, does this even exist?

i thought they are just twin,

the reason being i have a good quote on the jap turbo auto import 93 onwards, im just wondering if i should ring up and quote the reference i have been given and just ask to change the car to twin turbo import, not single turbo,

simon

the mk4 supra twin turbo is quite commonly known as the "supra turbo". e.g. look at parts catalogues, used car price guides etc. I wouldn't take that as meaning they had mixed up the mk3 and mk4, although I know this has been said of Elephant.

confusing. Anyway, that is definately referring to the MK4. As I said, it's a "turbocharged Supra." so it's a "Supra Turbo". yes it has two small turbos, but they don't need to say that!!

Besides the 7M-GTE was 2954cc, not 2997cc (2JZ-GTE)

looks like supra import turbo.

if the supra was only made twin turbo then that cant be wrong, at least u will know its the mk4,

my quote was at £1386 for that, which is for standard car, 12 months policy with cat 1 alarm, social only, 7000 miles and garaged,

with me being 21 with 1ncb, no points, good post code with my mum added to take 300-400 off, lol

And £1,863 with bodykit, wheels, exhaust, filter and suspension

so nearly 500 extra with those mods, even though there not like for like.

ive tried taking my mum off with the standard car and it will cost me £1,960

thats nearly a 600 discount for having a parent (woman) on your policy

i know this has been talked about so many times, but

i still try the online quote and the only mk4 supra they can match import wise, is a supra turbo auto, does this even exist?

i thought they are just twin,

the reason being i have a good quote on the jap turbo auto import 93 onwards, im just wondering if i should ring up and quote the reference i have been given and just ask to change the car to twin turbo import, not single turbo,

simon

Hi Dude,

I am with admiral and I have a J-spec. Best you call them to be honest as the site is poor.

Cheers,

Ray

i rang them up to confirm the car as it states turbo auto import 93 onwards and not twinturbo import 93

as soon as i mentioned the word rz twinturbo he said he couldnt insure me, i kept him on the phone and tried to explain that this was the the twinturbo supra and they didnt make a single turbo one!!!

he said does it have any other features, so i said no,

anyway he amended the car details to twinturbo import, and i stressed to him was it the older model, and he kept saying no, you have put 93 down

i dont think they understand, they only go by whats on their screen,

ive checked my quote back online and it is listed as the twinturbo import and under the model comes 90, hmmm

but then under the cc comes 2997cc?

i think this is still right, anyway 21 with 1 ncb with bodykit, wheels, exhaust, filter, and lowered declared came to

£2,219 12 month and £1,919 10 month.

me thinks this is the best ill get on a jap spec one.

Simon

My advice is to make sure ALL the details are correct: 2997cc sounds right for a mkiv, but try to get them to add "RZ" to the quote. Don't be in any doubt about it: if you get your wires crossed with your insurer and you have a prang, you don't want to be sweating wondering whether they'll honour the insurance or not. That's a whole world of pain that you just don't need!

Hope that helps. :)

funny seeing as the link given in this thread admiral service down, you can select the RZ, SZ AND GZ or whatever it is online,

i should tell them its on their downtime quote system and they have it listed,

ive tried the link and submitted my details that way but now quotes back, just get emails saying technical problems,

funny that