The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MkV again

Ewen

http://www.lexus.com/about/concept/lf-a.html

for those who havent seen it but are curious.....unless Ive missed a post or two, these pics are the latest 'possible' look of the spiritual Supe successor. Styling-wise IMO its most sexiful but I still prefer the curvaceous lines of the MklV, which IMO has not dated at all (anyone else think the 350Z will look as good in ten years ?) at least the Lexus designers are leaning more toward big-Celica aggressive edged styling and not the (IMO again) the sooooooo dissapointing Lexus Battletank (sorry, coupe).

Whilst instinctively I don't like it (large slab sides, low nose, high arse), I think in the flesh it would be quite a monster. The view from above is good - a bit Murcielago.

Interior.. well that's something else. Beautiful. They should make it. I can certainly see people buying that for somewhere around the £60k mark.

..as a £60k Lexus though. Something to have instead of an M6. It's not a Toyota, and certainly not a Supra. Zero 'cred' :)

Front end is I agree, Brighton, but the back end is the stuff of my dreams,,,a few of you will already know how scary my dreams probably are,,,,I think the Mkiv wide mouth (esp with nice IC teeth) is such a large part of the Supe thang that is being missed by the Hon Nippon Stylists......the new full metal Skyline replacement has the right idea (well done that young man ex Coventry Uni - Steve F says hello and no hes not green with proff envy) - I hate the term Orimental but it describes a certain JGT style lost on the LF-S.....trawl the web deep enough and you will find refs to new pedestrian safety laws that are pushing designers towards, well, safe front ends.

interior is rather spanky......thats the one thing I dont fan my flies over on the Mklv - Im very concious of being sat looking at Darth Vaders helmet (still saving for CF int makeover) Theres a few bits that wont make production I bet (wing mirrors etc) but its a good start...I loved my Celica 1600 ST (first car) but the Celica Supra was a quantum leap fwd, and my dear old chest wig charriot Mklll became a bit of a dinosaur when the Mklv appeared - evolution aint always perfect, but my fate is sealed and I will bow to the Fister fate when price is right....Lexus badge ? We are driving Lexus Supes now in all but badge