The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Turbo advice

GeordieSteve

When it comes down to turbos, I don't know much about sod all. I'm busy going big single. I've got the manifold (T4 flange) and I'm now looking for the turbo. I'm preparing to be flamed here but I was gonna buy THIS SSautochrome jobby and have it re-shelled. If it turns out to be a bad turbo then I'm not too unhappy... at least I've given the kit the chance.

I've also found THIS site which looks pretty interesting. Now the problem I have is I have an autobox so spooling can be an arse. Could anyone recommend one of these turbos and compressor trim/turbine housing for fair spool but decent power? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Unless someone thinks I should go with the autochrome idea ;)

I'm using the T70 variant, and it does go very well to be honest...

On my VVTi, I get lag until around 2600RPM then she starts spooling up and goes like the clappers up until the redline...

Terry has mentioned in the past that it has been known to surge, but so far seems to be okay.

Gav

GT42! Little bit big me thinks!

Shit a brick your not wrong! I just read up about it and think 900rwhp may be a little much for Gateshead Highstreet!

tdaxgav - hmmmmm did you have to change anything on yours to have it fitted? I'm thinking about buying one of these and having it re-shelled by turbotechnics.

Nope, everything bolted on easily, I did however change all the bolts for titanium with aviation grade castle nuts to prevent vibrations loosening the setup...

So far I am impressed... order a complete kit for a MK3 supra, and it was certainly complete...

intercooler, hard pipe kit, downpipe, screamer pipe, wastegate, turbo, manifold, clamps, silicon... the lot...and all for a very good price....

Gav

Guest Terry S

I have said it before but you really need to be very careful how you make your turbo selection and where you source it from. You can always shout me for advice.

Guest Terry S
Do you supply turbos alone? If so do you fancy PM'ing me a price?

Yeah as long as it a T4 flange the world is your oyster. Will PM you with some questions...