The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Continental tyres - opinions??

garetheves

Im in desperate need of tyres for this sunday and have been quoted rediculous prices for a set from most places. I know you cant skimp on rear tyres but funds are deffinately low at the moment and just need a half decent set to get me by for the next few months. Ive been quoted £128 a tyre on a set of continentals in 283-30-18s and thought this was a reasonable price but want to know what everyone thinks of the contis. In an ideal world id go for Pirelli P-zeros or eagle F1s but cant afford the £200+ they are asking for just at this moment in time.

I had Continental SportContact 2 on mine and when they wore out i crossed to F1`s and in my own personal opinion i thought the Contis were better. Loads of grip and quieter as well.

I've got these on the back of mine at the moment. Seem ok. (When the pressure stays in the one other wise it slips a bit doesn't it Hadyn?! ;) )

I have some 285/30/18 Goodyear F1 GSD3's in stock, will check prices for you in the morning, I can also have them delivered for Friday if required.

If the price is reasonable and you could guarantee they would get to me no later than sat morning then i might be interested. Would just have to ring up local Budget and see if they would fit them for me.

Cheers

hi gaz

i run toyo t1s all round, i think the backs were just under £150 a pop, they are decent tyres (as run by that sub 10 second Sumo skyline) my expierience of contis is they last a long time but the trade off is the grips not fantastic and on a supe with rear wheel drive and lots of power that aint to good

• 11 months later...