The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MKIV for $7700?

Guest stealth92tt

Guest stealth92tt

Hey guys, I just sold my Stealth TT and am trying to buy an MKIV so I am new to the forum. Just wondering, I live in Oregon and I found a 94 supra TT for sale for $7700 but it is located in the UK. The owner said that he had owned it while in the US and had the car shipped over when he moved to the UK and couldn't afford to have it registered there, and no one there will buy it for the same reason so he is selling it cheap. The transaction is supposed to go through a company called Square Trade. Basically, I put down a deposit to Square Trade and the car is shipped to me within 48 hours, I have 5 days to inspect the car, and if I decide I want it I would pay the rest of the cars cost to Square Trade and THEN the owner would recieve the cash. If the car isn't what I am expecting, or something is wrong with it, I am fully refunded (he is paying shipping). I am just want to see if anyone on here has done something similar to this or if anyone has any advice to make sure that it is legitimate.

Thanks guys,

Jon

p.s.

I will change my SN when I get the car, lol.

Dude, other than the price, why would you be interested in a car that has a.) been exposed to U.K. weather and #2.) will be exposed to salt water air and the errors of shippers (insert news clip of container ship containing millions in expensive automobiles that sank in the English Channel in bad weather) Lastly, why don't you go to a state in the SW with dry climate and purchase your supra there? There's one for sale in Reno with HKS twins that looks, as the brits say on TV, "absolutely smashing"! (was just there)

There a a few scams appearing now the thing they have in common is the square deal thing. There was recently one for a Skyline GTR that was a scam along with another for a Supra, all were stupidly cheap. $7700 in the UK is around £4000 when a TT6 goes for £8000. Your better off buying from within the US as this is to good to be true from the sound of it.

Guest stealth92tt

Yeah, I have been looking here but they are all too expensive for me, usually $25-35,000. I am only 21 and im in school and don't quite have that kind of cash. I don't think the car is actually located in the UK right now, I think it is with one of the Square Trade shipping warehouses in the U.S. As far as the car being damaged on the way here, it is insured for $20,000 in the case of an accident. I looked up the company and they have an average rating with the Better Business Bureau, but I am trying to find out if they are bonded or not but haven't found out yet. If I had the money I would much rather buy one in my area but all I have is $8000.

So you guys think I should pass or just look into it further?

Thanks,

Jon

Guest stealth92tt

Yeah you are probrably right, I just really want a Supra and its either a Supra or a 240sx (which I can afford), lol, no comparison there.