The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Newbie Need help!!!!

lockys96

im looking at purchasing a supra sz N.A 1993- manual import

im 21 with 1ncb, the thing is most insurance companies quote outragious prices online,

i have tried quotes using admiral, elephant and bell direct being same company, but the funny thing is that they do not have the N.A import on there website, the only one they have is a turbo auto import,

i have been reading the forum and have seen that people have quotes with the above companies, is it a case of ringing them to confirm its a N.A import,

thanks in advance

simon..

Nfu is the national farmers union. Try tesco's. My first supe was an n/a manual, had no ncd, and it was cheap as chips fully comp! :woot:

tried tesco, need to ring, i dont think tesco like mods as i found with my brothers lexus is200 with just exhaust and filter,

im looking for one with only exhaust, nice wheels and bodykit, you can add this on admiral etc and it calculates the price, i know its not like for like but i dont end up getting raped!!!

tesco online quote system opted out, said i need to ring, so that cant be good

simon

Try also Tett Hamilton and Keith michaels insurance, they gave me good quotes, although I ended up going with adrian flux cause they were cheaper still.

Nfu is the national farmers union. Try tesco's. My first supe was an n/a manual, had no ncd, and it was cheap as chips fully comp! :woot:

Tesco say they won't insure drivers that are under 25 on import jap cars anymore, well not a supra anyway. had been with them for two years with two different cars (mk3 supra NA, and mk2 MR2 Turbo) and then tried to get cover on my mkiv supra and they refused because I wasn't old enough! :swear:

I am 20 with no ncb and a write off totaling 6500 last year. No where would touch me on an import (280bhp) but elephant quoted me 1500 on a uk spec (320bhp)

have you tried skyinsurance? 08701121759

Let me know how you get on

im was 21 when i first insured my supra tt i payed £1080 fully comp this was with 11 points and also 2 years no claims bonus.

i found that confused.com were very good also easy to use online with a list of quotes in a very short time.

i remember reading here not so long ago that n/a are not much cheaper than a tt anyway might be worth going all out and getting yourself a tt :eyebrows: :trust:

im was 21 when i first insured my supra tt i payed £1080 fully comp this was with 11 points and also 2 years no claims bonus.

i found that confused.com were very good also easy to use online with a list of quotes in a very short time.

i remember reading here not so long ago that n/a are not much cheaper than a tt anyway might be worth going all out and getting yourself a tt :eyebrows: :trust:

Christ thats cheap is for your age and points. Which company is it with and is your car a UK or J-spec.