The mkiv Supra Owners Club

how much transmission fluid does a supra tt hold?

mikeyh

I had mine done at Stertegarage and they apparently put just over 3 litres in.

There's has been quite a lot of stuff on the type of oil you should use. Alex is your man to talk to about this, but basically, the stuff from Toyota - V160 gearbox oil is what you want.

I had mine changed at the last service and have noticed smoother gear changes and much less heat being transmitted through to the gearstick.

it's over 8litres mate in total, but it's difficult to change more than half of that in one go. Possible though, if you know how.

Just take off the little sump and clear the filter screen as well. That should allow you to replenish more than 3 litres of the stuff. Make sure you check the level in the correct way, and only use Toyota typeIV oil.