The mkiv Supra Owners Club

"Common" Supra's ?

Gerry

There's been lots on the forum about our Supes getting too common.

Gatso and I have just got back from a long weekend in Edinburgh.

On the way back we did a detour through the Lakes to see Coniston Water where Malcolm Campbell broke is speed records (and died on his last one) so did a total of 947 Miles.

Supra's spotted on the run: 0 !

I'm sure there are more on the roads than a few years ago, but you can't do many thousand mile drives and not see a car of your model can you.

Just a thought to cheer you up......

PS.

The car went "perfec" (obviously) and for the first time ever we made a note of the milage and fuel - gave 27 MPG, which for fast motorway driving we were chuffed at...

There may be more but a supra still isn't common. Did 756miles at the weekend, up to newcastle, drive around and back and didn't see a single supra saw 2 skylines one on the M1 and another in blaydon. 5 350z's now there's a car that's becoming common. A Diabilo (spelling). A very loud Nova with FMIC and roll cage (Blaydon)

Oh and lot of lovely women in the Gate in Newcastle, though never try and park a lowered supra in the Gate's car park as i have some lovely scratches on the bottom of my front bumper. Got to love Newcastle women.

There may be more but a supra still isn't common. Did 756miles at the weekend, up to newcastle, drive around and back and didn't see a single supra saw 2 skylines one on the M1 and another in blaydon. 5 350z's now there's a car that's becoming common. A Diabilo (spelling). A very loud Nova with FMIC and roll cage (Blaydon)

Oh and lot of lovely women in the Gate in Newcastle, though never try and park a lowered supra in the Gate's car park as i have some lovely scratches on the bottom of my front bumper. Got to love Newcastle women.

i done this too but i had to reverse out the car park, but it was quiet otherwise bumper would of had it :thumbdown

I see more of the new v8 aston martins more than supras where I live. As the Aston Factory is just down the road you see them all the time, so the supra is rarer than a car thats not even out yet with a 3 year waiting list round my way :)

I do keep seeing quite a few of those bently continental GT's around also. Seen 5 in the last couple of weeks. I have had 2 of them trying to race me. Didn't bother as they would have whooped me good and proper.

In my personal opinion I think a Supra is still a rare sight. I get many people asking me what my car is and staring at it. Even get the odd person every now and then offering to buy it. Also a lot of people are suprised when you tell them how old the car is. The supra still looks fresh and can still cut it in the looks department when sat next to any new car.

I havent seen one for weeks.

Not sure whether you're talking about Supras there or Paul's previous comment about Newcastle women :tongue:

Nobody else seemed to pick up on it though, so must just be my weird humour!!

I know of 3 Supras within a 2 mile radius of Whickham and yet I never see them on the roads - only parked up on the drives.....

Seems that those lucky peeps living in the English Riviera (read bournmouth/Southampton area) have the most saturation. Maybe because you're close to the docks.

I don't see too many in Central London and very few travelling around the Midlands. The most I see (strangely) is when I go visit my mate in New Milton, Hants!!

So I think we'll hear more moans from that pleasant part of England yet.. That'll teach you for having better weather than us most of the time :blahblah: