The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JM-Imports - top result!

SteveR

As many of you know I have been after a Supra for years and years, and I picked my first one up 10 days ago from Jurgen and it's only fair to say a BIG thanks...... warning - long post!! :D

To cut a long story as short as possible; I've wanted a Supra (TT6 preferably - but I thought only in my dreams!) for around 8~10 years, but it was only a few months ago that I decided that I was in a position to do something about it. So I started going through the autotrader website every day, gogin and looking at a few examples, driving round to 2nd hand/import dealers within 50 miles and seeing what was what. After months of this nothing had really impressed me and I'm glad my head kept in control of my heart - everything I saw was a compromise from my ideal car; a mint unmodifed Supra Twin Turbo with the optional factory bodykit, in manual form.

I decided importing a car through a dealer/importer was the way to go, to stretch my money as far as possible. I researched all my options thoroughly and got a really good idea of who was who in that market, but still none of the usual suspects were providing me with any great confidence - especially when it comes to spending a huge chunk of money on something you don't get to see (and often they don't even see!!) until it's potentially way waaaay too late. We've all heard the horror stories I'm sure!

After searching the internet tirelessly and calling a few import companies and lurking on here for a few weeks, I finally joined and asked for advice - that's when Jurgen Vallens, aka J M Imports, was suggested to me - and I'm VERY glad it was!

I looked round Jurgen's website (http://www.jm-imports.co.uk) and read every page, especially the one on the import process, I even looked at every car for sale and sold.

Wanting to know more I phoned Jurgen, you could tell he was a busy man but was still very understanding and patient, explaining everything to me in the detail I wanted and answering question after question I had for him. We chatted for about 10 minutes and after only that brief conversation I decided Jurgen was my import man. :)

A few days later with my loan arranged I called Jurgen back, filled with trepidation and this time with a good hundred questions or so for him to deal with. It has to be said that Jurgen is the most honest and decent chap you could ever have dealings with - he answered everything I wanted to know and told me so much more just to reassure me. Let me put this into perspective, I am the most sceptical person you could ever try to prise money from, and Jurgen is such a top bloke with the whole thing that even I was convinced.

Again, trying to cut this long story short, Jurgen was true to his word every step of the way. He paid attention to every single PITA detail and requirement I had insisted on (hey, this is my dream car after all). I was a right PITA but Jurgen didn't mind, always being very professional and curteous, always busy busy looking through the Japanese auction houses for my perfect car and others cars, AND holding down a full time job as well.

One potential purchase arose, Jurgen got all the details and sent his man in Japan to go check the car out. On paper it was perfect, on the tiny photos you get it looked fine, but J's man out there said to walk away. I wouldn't have got that 'inside'/'man in Japan' knowledge from most of the other import companies, and I have little trust that the other one would have done such a good job in checking out the car as Jurgen & his man.

A fortnight later, what was to become my car came to the auctions. Even better on paper and infinately better in the metal, J's man said go for it and by a cats whisker we won the auction. It was on it's way to me within a fortnight and now, a couple of month on I now own and drive a very low mileage mint condition 1994 RZ - yep a manual twin turbo Supra - my dreams have come true! :ecstatic:

So thankyou Jurgen, top man, top job, if you weren't already engaged I'd be after you and I'm not even gay, lol.

No seriously everyone, I'm over the moon about my car and honestly cound't be happier. Jurgen manged to find the exact perfect match for my requirements, it was a very tall order (especially on my budget) but he didn't make a single compromise, and I could not be happier. Anytime you need a reference for another 'SteveR' Jurgen, let me know - I am more than happy to recommend Jurgen and jm-imports and even tho you get (a very modest) fee for what you did, I am SO unbelievably happy Jurgen I owe you, mate. :)

Some pics of my car, here

Lovely car mate.Well done Jurgen...its always great to buy something from someone who knows exactly what the customer wants.Nice to see your'e part of this ownersclub...just in case I change my mind to get a TT6 sometime in the future :)