The mkiv Supra Owners Club

decatt

gaz1

hello people can anyone let me know how much to expect to pay to have my supe decatted, as i want to boost to 1.2 i realise i need an fcd, boost controller,but an idea of what cost fitted please, also need a idea on 2 front shocks fitted,asp please as work away. thanks

Gaz, didn’t this get answered in your last post?

Firstly, is your car UK or J-spec? Reason I ask is:

If its a UK spec you will need a boost controller and no restrictor ring - this is because the UK Spec has a bigger wastegate so will be able to keep boost almost to stock levels. The boost controller will allow the boost to be raised to whatever target you set. You also don't really need to replace the fuel pump as the UK one is much higher flowing that the Jap one.

If it's J-Spec you will not need a boost controller but will require a restrictor ring. The Jspec has a smaller wastegate that cannot handle the extra flow generated when the backpressure is lowered with the decat pipes. This means that unless you fit a restrictor ring boost will run away to well beyond 1.2bar - this means a much reduced turbo life.

From another thread here’s a rough guide to the parts needed for the Jspec:

Cat back exhaust (eg RSR) = £400

Decat pipes and restrictor ring (e.g. CW) = £300

Walbro Fuel Pump = £100

Thor VFCD (2nd hand) = £60

DEFI Boost Gauge & Box = £200

Colder grade plugs = £20

Fuel Filter = £25

Installation costs = ??? £200 ???

(UK Spec only) Boost controller = £200 + £150 install costs?

So in total:

UK Spec: £1550

Jspec: £1305

Give or take several hundred... and obviously costs are reduced if you already have some of the items over.

Also, just a word of warning that the UK and Jspec decat pipes are different, a few people have been caught out by then when ordering!

It is also explained much better here: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=35944

Hope this helps.

Gaz, didn’t this get answered in your last post?

Firstly, is your car UK or J-spec? Reason I ask is:

If its a UK spec you will need a boost controller and no restrictor ring - this is because the UK Spec has a bigger wastegate so will be able to keep boost almost to stock levels. The boost controller will allow the boost to be raised to whatever target you set. You also don't really need to replace the fuel pump as the UK one is much higher flowing that the Jap one.

If it's J-Spec you will not need a boost controller but will require a restrictor ring. The Jspec has a smaller wastegate that cannot handle the extra flow generated when the backpressure is lowered with the decat pipes. This means that unless you fit a restrictor ring boost will run away to well beyond 1.2bar - this means a much reduced turbo life.

From another thread here’s a rough guide to the parts needed for the Jspec:

Cat back exhaust (eg RSR) = £400

Decat pipes and restrictor ring (e.g. CW) = £300

Walbro Fuel Pump = £100

Thor VFCD (2nd hand) = £60

DEFI Boost Gauge & Box = £200

Colder grade plugs = £20

Fuel Filter = £25

Installation costs = ??? £200 ???

(UK Spec only) Boost controller = £200 + £150 install costs?

So in total:

UK Spec: £1550

Jspec: £1305

Give or take several hundred... and obviously costs are reduced if you already have some of the items over.

Also, just a word of warning that the UK and Jspec decat pipes are different, a few people have been caught out by then when ordering!

It is also explained much better here: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=35944

Hope this helps.

yeah helps a lot homer thanks a million