Ian C

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fanks all :D

To say I'm chuffed is an understatement! Ok, it's a rolling road figure, so who knows how accurate it is, but I like the wheels figure of 580 and a sensible 8% powertrain loss factored in to get flywheel power. None of this 20% nonsense ;)

The SCA guys are :cool: , and their dyno setup is great - a specially ducted fan system to ensure all the air goes intercooler/radiator/engine-wards, plus two umbilical 6" hoses that go around air intake. Top stuff.

If anyone wants the spec of the car it's in my vbGarage thingy, and this was at 1.4bar boost on Optimax alone :p

-Ian

Fanks all :D

To say I'm chuffed is an understatement! Ok, it's a rolling road figure, so who knows how accurate it is, but I like the wheels figure of 580 and a sensible 8% powertrain loss factored in to get flywheel power. None of this 20% nonsense ;)

The SCA guys are :cool: , and their dyno setup is great - a specially ducted fan system to ensure all the air goes intercooler/radiator/engine-wards, plus two umbilical 6" hoses that go around air intake. Top stuff.

If anyone wants the spec of the car it's in my vbGarage thingy, and this was at 1.4bar boost on Optimax alone :p

-Ian

Well done fella

:thumbs:

Now you can do mine (again ;))

Impressive, very impressive indeed!

Thanks Chris, that means a lot - you are one of the few people I feel I have something to prove to, in a nice way :) And it was you that sold the single turbo idea to me all that time ago, after you installed my EGT probe ;) The midrange and part throttle is pretty damn good as well, must pop over to let you have a go in it and see if you've got any suggestions to improve things :thumbs:

-Ian

PS additional info that people like Chris may be interested in - during the full bore top speed run at TOTB4 I saw 850degC on the EGTs, nice and safe under extreme circumstances - WOT in 6th at 160mph and climbing. The fuelling is set to 11.0:1 afrs at 1.4bar. I run stock ignition timing above 4000rpm as I get no det. The intercooler has a reasonable ducting job on it.