The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2nd turbo not work.

Guest StreetRacer

Guest StreetRacer

Hi friends from spain, i have one problem, i have a 95 supra tt 6speed, in my car the 2nd turbo not work, the car run whell and not make nothing rare, no smokes, no loosing oil, nothing.

But the car is slow, i can hear perfectly when the first turbo start, but at 4000 rpms the 2nd turbo not start, i was with my supra in a dyno the other day and the car only has 255hp, why can be this?

Thanks and sorry for my english, in my country there isn't supras.

Guest StreetRacer
Im thinking it's the hose on the left in the below picture, the longer one. Probably has come off at the bottom.

Did you mean the long and thin hose? Maybe is broken? only this can make that my 2nd turbo not work? sorry but i don't have any idea of mechanic ,computers a lot, mechanic 0 xdDDD

Thanks for help me Supro and Terrible tuner.

In toyota center, they was changing to me the sensor throttle but i can't see the car in best condition for me is the same.

Guest StreetRacer

Thanks xDDD I need somebody with one supra, to speak in spanish about it.

Other thing in the photo of terribletuner, the hose that he said not go to the first turbo? my first turbo it's good.

That hose goes to an actuator that opens a valve to let your second turbo work at 4000rpm. If it's blown off you'll actually lose all your boost at 4000rpm.

I'd go for the IACV, check it out in the FAQ that Clarkey Sparkey linked to earlier :)

-Ian