The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra 1998 S Twin Turbo VVTi Grade 4 on Autotrader

DShox

Hi all.

You may have come across the lengthy thread I kicked off about importing late model twin turbos into UK. :rtfm: You may also recall that I was prepping a 1998 that took me about 9 months to get out of port by loophole and that I was working on to eventually put up for sale...well 11 months from actually buying the car I am proud to have put this clean Grade 4 (good condition) beauty up on autotrader :clap: at £16,750 ovno.

As it says on the ad, I move between Birmingham (weekends generally) and London (work during the week) so can position the car conveniently for all to see. :respekt: Would welcome Private Messages to discuss detail further...my mobile is always on (07885001454) and I will take calls up to 1130pm.

Will advertise on this forum I guess once I sort out a payment - believe it's about £10 but will do in due course.

Thanks - D

Is this it?

Click

Looks like it, unless there are two cars that took 9 months to loophole through the SVA test :)

While I am sure this car will walk all over the 300bhp barrier, what power boosting mods are present on the car?

Good luck with the sale, a bit pricey if you ask me for an Automatic.

yup yup thats the one - i tried listing all the stuff i could see on it plus the auction report...think the air cleaner is an induction kit + exhaust are the only power boosters (granted what it says on the box doesn't always add the bhp but can but dream!). The bigger contact patch from the wheels and the lowered car should also help acceleration above the norm. I bet on a dyno tho' where sheer power matters its more like in the mid 290s.

I took the philosophy when importing it along the lines of "I won't buy a highly modded one holding a few surprises nor a previously accidented one and then pretend I never saw the Grading in the hope of selling it to an uneducated buyer - in other words, I treat the prospective buyer like they would approach it with the same prudence as me"...I'm proud to have brought this one in and bang on about it's uniqueness to anyone who dares to ask "what is it and how long did you wait?"...eheh! I even had a special Supra The Last 98 tax disc holder made up.

You will find no mechanical surprises, funny noises or big dents on this car. I had the front bodykit filled and resprayed cos they get damaged on the vessel ramps (!) plus sprayed the grill mesh gold (hard to see cos it got dark when it stopped raining grr!).

Yup I know there is a big following out there for manuals but I'm not really a manual fan to be honest. The Tiptronic is an advancement in technology that works with the engine to prevent too much over rev - which is so impossible when shifting manually through 6 gears in a car that has 0-60 in about 5 secs. There is a manual override that allows thumbs to be used on the steering wheel to shift up and down but I soon switched back to auto cos I liked the feel of pressing hard and feeling the rush. Unless you're a pro shifter the auto box'll get you there faster. Also, in this country, the number of jams you encounter...it is a crying relief to just be able to forget about the clutch!

I don't want people to get too hung up on PRICE - at the end of the day, this motor will sell at whatever the market (ie. you guys) say its worth. I have my own minimum in my head (a reserve like on ebay say) - so if someone PMs me something in the right ball park then we can at least talk further.

Thanks for your posts.

D

ok revised add - being cautious on bhp cos everyone says 950bhp and all they did was stick a chip on there! dropped price a bit cos I wanna get into right area...but cant afford anymore! need some food starvin and gotta wake up early and get my bro from Gatwick damn...

Yup I know there is a big following out there for manuals but I'm not really a manual fan to be honest. The Tiptronic is an advancement in technology that works with the engine to prevent too much over rev - which is so impossible when shifting manually through 6 gears in a car that has 0-60 in about 5 secs.

D

Sometimes it not about a 0.2 -0.3 secs...its more about the fun of actually DRIVING THE CAR rather than being driven. ;)

Anyway, good luck with the sale....looks like a good example.

aye - fun these cars are. i dont find stick shift manuals as much fun mind - the tiptronic has thumb shifters if the driver prefers but i wanna focus fully on pointing the car with a vice like grip so dump straight into auto. :Pling: Don't think I'll convince a manual guy to switch but then i aint trying to... :banghead: I'm appealing to those who prefer technological advancement, refinement, performance, practicality for our roads, with the option to experience F1 style shifts if they want or simply auto away...I'm sure I aint alone in the world in appreciating this. :D

anywho, the motor is there for the taking - and if someone is well into modding and has a bottomless cash pit, the gearbox can be converted to whatever the person likes - but thats another thread eh :music:

oh alex thanks - i thought it was Top Secret cos I found a leaflet in the glovebox in Japanese but there was Top Secret written on it in English...Abflug is nice tho. Unfortunately it was getting dark by the time it stopped raining but I hope to take some pics this w/e of the front so the gold grill really stands out...

SupraGal - i wish i knew the loophole but if they are found they are promptly closed by DVLA. The truth is, someone did me a massive favour after hearing my plight on strict orders that I didnt ask how or why...my agent didnt tell me these cars couldnt get thru so i got quite a surprise when it kept failing SVA. :violin: I havent given up on a developing a Model Report but getting buy in is proving tough...

I paid my membership yesterday so hopefully i can put it onto the 'sale forum'...Love it to bits but I cannot really afford to keep paying insurance at the mo when I only drive it weekends...so hope someone gives it a good home. sob sob :cry:

I paid my membership yesterday so hopefully i can put it onto the 'sale forum'...Love it to bits but I cannot really afford to keep paying insurance at the mo when I only drive it weekends...so hope someone gives it a good home. sob sob :cry:

How did you pay mate?