The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How happy am I?

IanK

The answer is VERY! :ecstatic:

Big thanks to Paul & the guys down at Whifbitz for all their work yesterday.

Took my car there for a tune up as it was running very rich.

We started off by removing the FCon V, but it still ran "off the scale" rich.

Paul checked under my bonnet & it turns out that my car has bigger injectors fitted & coupled along with the HKS FCon & HKS Hipermax Drag suspension would point towards my car having Hybrid Turbos! :D

They tuned the car to run at 1.2 bar for the moment with the SAFC, until I either get the FCon mapped or go down the E-Manage root.

The car is so responsive now and has sooooooo much more pull than before.

Also MPG has now shot up and the car no longer stinks of fuel!

I am one very happy Whifbitz customer, thanks again Paul.

Glad you got the car runnig nicely. Must be a big relief.

bigger injectors fitted & coupled along with the HKS FCon & HKS Hipermax Drag suspension would point towards my car having Hybrid Turbos!
Would it? I don't follow the logic there. Can you elaborate please?

Would it? I don't follow the logic there. Can you elaborate please?

I don't know a huge amount about these things so please excuse me but why would you got to the bother of bigger injectors & a FCon along with all the pipe work for stock twins?

http://www.laserlines.com/supra2/engine.jpg

Well the stock JSpec injectors are maxed out at 1.2 bar so fitting bigger injectors does make sense if you're running higher than stock boost. The FCon V is presumably there to trim those injectors. Although it sounds like the FCon wasn't mapped correctly.

I could be wrong but I've never heard of an jap Supra coming over here with hybrids already on it.

Not trying to piss on your fireworks or anything Ian. Just wondering the reasoning for suspecting hybrids and trying to figure if it's likely.

What's that thing coming off the pipe to the IC? (Between the airfilter and the rad)

Well the stock JSpec injectors are maxed out at 1.2 bar so fitting bigger injectors does make sense if you're running higher than stock boost. The FCon V is presumably there to trim those injectors. Although it sounds like the FCon wasn't mapped correctly.

I could be wrong but I've never heard of an jap Supra coming over here with hybrids already on it.

Not trying to piss on your fireworks or anything Ian. Just wondering the reasoning for suspecting hybrids and trying to figure if it's likely.

No problem Jake, thanks for the info. We just thought it would have been a bit overkill but your theory also sounds very possible.

unfortunately there is no easy way of now if the tubbies are stock without some serious labour. :cry:

What's that thing coming off the pipe to the IC? (Between the airfilter and the rad)

The BOV, not a great looker but it sounds great, nice wastegate style flutter at low boost release and nice loud psssssssst at high boost.