The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hit a scale yesterday...

D3xt3r

There is a free weighbridge a mile or so from my house but it only measures one axel at a time - with me in the car, boot and back seats full of shopping, the missus and a completely full tank of fuel it came to 870kg over the front and 960kg at the back.

Not a fair comparison really, I'll pop back up under better circumstances and get my other half to drive it on to save loads of weight :)

I currently started working out heavy so I hope to gain like 10-15kgs till the end of the year ;)

Will take food donations for me or the car ;)

But back to topic now. Who had their car on a scale too?

And what could I do to remove some weight easy? Will strip back bench, emergency wheel and some other misc stuff I can find next.

I currently started working out heavy so I hope to gain like 10-15kgs till the end of the year ;)

Will take food donations for me or the car ;)

I've lost 3 stone since Christmas so im going the oposite way! :thumbs: I'm only thinking about power to weight ratios! lol

I weighed (sp?) in at 95kg last cristmas...and im now down to 80kg...180cm tall :D

Ontopic: When i bought my Supra the original german certificate stated 1700kg (LHD Eurospec TT Targa)

And then i weighed it...full tank of gas...without driver...1640kg :)

thought the supra weighs 1550kg as standard, the jap version. not sure about the uk supra. im 5 10 and roll in at 87kg could do with getting down to a racing weight of 80kg but like to eat food lol

there is lots of things you can strip off car to save some weight, just depends how far you want to go. some of the weights a few have posted up seem a bit heavy.

if you want to convert kg to pounds its 1550kg x 2.2 gives you 3410 pounds

go here for a few threads about stripping weight

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/search.php?searchid=354434

I stripped the complete rear bench, emergency wheels, tools and everything from the back and now the car drives pretty wobbly. Or perhabs its all in my mind but Im gonna drop the wheel in there again.

I chucked out all them bits too....BUT...i stuffed the rear full of stereo-components instead :D I know this is a bit of a no-no for the die-hards...but...it actually balances the car out...in a way :D