The mkiv Supra Owners Club

south of france

gaz1

hi people, just got back from my hols in the supe,south of france , was nice but noticed everything has gone up pricewise, from calais to montpellier, 98 ron was between 1.20 & 1.35 euro a litre, i got 1.4 euro to the pound exchange, so no cheaper petrol anymore, i did 2436 klm and total cost was £423 in fuel. but was worth every penny, the looks the supe got every where we went was awesome,it must be the most photographed car in france,but the best bit was going into a service station and there was a minibus next to that was a maserati and a parking space next to that, so in i go. well there was about ten kids on that bus, as i pulled in they started jumping out and taking pics of the supe, one even asked me to rev it so he could record the sound, i could see the guy in the maserati looked pretty fecked off, but anyone thinking of taking their supe to france, do it they love them, and they have great driving roads :respekt:

I'm thinking of doing just this for a week over the bank holiday.

If you'd be willing to spare me some time to tell me more about your experience and offer any tips/advice I'd be VERY grateful.

I've not taken a car on the continent before and I've kinda planned a route, but it'll be very much fly by your pants stuff I reckon.

Heading for Paris then onto Monte Carlo / St Tropez / Cannes tour.

That does sound like a good laugh and something I too plan on doing. If I don't get round to it this year, then def next year. One of the directors in my company has just got back from a tour of France and he absolutely loved it to. He was in his 6 series and said he got loads of looks and attention, so I can imagine that a Supe will get even more looks.

I'm thinking of doing just this for a week over the bank holiday.

If you'd be willing to spare me some time to tell me more about your experience and offer any tips/advice I'd be VERY grateful.

I've not taken a car on the continent before and I've kinda planned a route, but it'll be very much fly by your pants stuff I reckon.

Heading for Paris then onto Monte Carlo / St Tropez / Cannes tour.

yeah no probs, was my first time driving on the continent, was a little worried but was no probs, although was told paris is a nightmare for driving,will pm you my number when the missus comes back later, as i can never remember it

Did the Monte Carlo trip last year. Wouldn't like to do it if I only had one week to do it in though! You'll spend alot of your time just driving.

We clocked up about 1250 miles each way just in France. I think our total mileage including getting to Dover was closer to 3000. We racked up a fuel spend in excess of £600!

The Supe gets sooo much attention even in Monte Carlo where Lambos and Ferraris are commonplace.

The Alps were my personal favourite, though. I'll be going back there again next year if I can make it.

I 'did' France a few weeks back. I have driven many places and it is easy the best. Long fast roads, few cars, no cameras/police (well I didn't see any!). The roads were BUILT for the SUPRA!

My advice - don't be afraid to floor it, but above all avoid Paris!!!

South of France is superb. I have been there twice in the past year or so, a guy i know lives in Toulon, and right on the side of Mount Faron with a view over the mediterranian over to Corsica.

The roads there are superb. Twisty with long straights. We went out on his Ducati one night, round the mountain roads and hit 170mph lol, was absolutely cacking myself on the back when he pulled the throttle.

Would have loved to have had my Supra over there, but would have taken me about 2 days to drive, ferry and drive again from here lol. Much easier to fly to Marseille and get picked up lol !

Oh and the roads from Toulon to St.Tropez are superbly smooth !! Lovely for a nice cruise. :clap: :thumbs: :thumbs: