The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Found a disconnected wire - but what's it for?

Pete

I've been having a rummage around to check the speed convertor I have. Turns out the one that's in there is disconnected with only power and ground feed left on it. Quite why it wasn't removed entirely I'm not sure... anyhows, I'll have to go rummaging for one around the dash when I get chance.

However, I also have an HKS SLDII and one of the wires is seperated from the ECU. Now this may have been on purpose...or it may have just come loose.

The wire in question is a purple wire out of the SLDII which looks like it was connected to a blue wire with red stripe on the ECU.

I've tried reading the Supra wiring diagram and a Blue wire with Red stripe seems to go to a transmission solenoid. I'm not convinced though. I don't have any manuals for the SLDII.

I don't think connecting it to see what happens is a good idea either.

Anyone know help with these wire colours?

Ta!

Pete.

(VVTi tiptronic BTW)

I don't like the sound of this - "adjusts the vehicles speed sensor signal to fool the ECU into believing it is actually going slower than it is."

Wouldn't this affect other systems like the adjustable steering?

I can't determine the actual pin out from the diag I have.

Basically from the left to right.

Big block, big block, small block, big block, big block ---space----big block (edit: just see pic below)

It's the forth block from left to right at the bottom, about three/four in (can't count as it's so well packed in).

So the mysterious Blue wire with Red stripe is a speed signal... Which isn't connected as per your conversion diagram.

I wonder if the SLD is working at all in that case..it might just be left there since import for all I know...bugger. I need to look around for the real speed convertor I think.

• 6 months later...

I've started looking at this again. I'd love to find out what the solid Lt blue and White/green stripe wires are on the ECU pins (as per diag). They're not mentioned on any of Pete Betts literiture.

Also wonder why the purple wire on the HKS SLDII isn't connected to anything at all? I've not had any joy on instructions for this device.

I understand why the Blue and red stripe (was the speed out) isn't connected to anything now.

Before I start cocking about with the RLTC I wanted to be sure of what all this was up to first. Anyone have a VVTi wiring diagram yet?