The mkiv Supra Owners Club

OH no not again

Fifty

:banghead: :banghead:

Just smashed 2 Azev M and rear tyre.

Leaving for an important interview in Penzance at 0800. Driving briskly down the lanes to the A30 sOME TWAT COMES ROUND A BEND AT 60+put car to side and hit a line of rocks AGAIN I cant believe it.

Front wheel lip is buckled in , tyre cut; rear wheel side flattened and great chunk out of the tyre. Been in touch with Ibbrar and hes getting back to me. Hope I can claim on the insurance.

What an absolute bummer

Interview went very well indeed; 60 mile each way commute; ironically if I get it I was gonna buy cheapo diesel to get there. Its a superb road the A30 one or two bad spots ie Indian Queens (Far :limp: lol).

Its a good sounding job; place is pretty undeveloped and there is a chance of taking over as MD ;)

Im sooo disappointed about the wheels if I cant get mobile I will miss the Gumball and the rest of the summer :cry: :cry:

PICS here;

just so you can see the pain :limp:

anyone care to say whether they are too far gone.

1st 2 front next 2 rear. The chunk from the rear is the wall protector and the tyre itself isnt split; tempted to drive on that one. front not sure.

DSCF0076r.jpg

DSCF0077r.jpg

DSCF0078r.jpg

DSCF0079r.jpg

All depends on if they are hairline fractured or not I guess. Cast Al Alloy is very granular and the surface is a bit stronger and more flexible than the underlying material. I can non destructive test for stuff like that at work with eddy current checks but thats no use to you really is it.

Just looked up the price of mine as I have azev LS rims only a cheeky £285 for the fronts and £325 for the backs. Good job I decided to refurbish mine rather than replace them huh. Crap job though polishing out the corrosion that got under the laquer after stone chips and kerb damage.