The mkiv Supra Owners Club

noticed club parking areas at TOTB

AJI

At TOTB this year I noticed club parking areas for GT4's, Skylines, Scoobies, EVO's etc. But none for the MKivSupra.

I for one didn't know there were going to be club parking areas this year... is it something we [the club] can organise for next year's event JB?

We arrived dead on 8.

Chris Mann apologised saying as the weather had been so awful the day before they hadn't been able to mark out any club spots. We drove down to the start line, but there wasn't anywhere left. Have to say we were pretty p'd off at the amount of space some people were taking up for 2 cars - pretty selfish really. :swear:

Sorry I let you guys down ...I would have brought a BBQ and banged the food out like last year ...but did not think I would be going and I ended up buming a lift ..sorry chaps ..will bring a bigger one next time to make up . But may I add that last year it was only a few of us that paid and a lot got fed out of it ..( mainly thanks to branners bro for the cooking and Matt's missus for the shopping ) what happened to club funding ..ie lets bang say 2 quid on club tickets and all get fed ???? .. just a thought. as 2 quid between 15 -25 people buys a lot of burgers from iceland .

may I add that last year it was only a few of us that paid and a lot got fed out of it ..( mainly thanks to branners bro for the cooking and Matt's missus for the shopping )
Not meaning to pick a fight here Mig but as I recall you wouldn't take any money for the food. I gave Debs some money to get beers but neither of you would take food money from me.

So there :nyah:

Nope totaly correct there Jake .. just my nature. But what does gripe me is that the club has the funds to this with out relying on the likes of good nature . I really really don't mind doing it and will do it for sure next year ...But like you say without picking a fight ....gazebos at every meet does not take a busting lot of money to put in a boot and take along with a few chairs. If I can afford to do it from a personal point of view ..why cant the club ? or am I totaly out of line here? .. No grief here just curious ..and as Jake pointed out I did refuse to take coffers last year and would do it all over again and no doubt will .... But what happened to club efforts ?

It's a difficult one really, I can see both sides.

On the one hand, why should the club feed you and me? We aren't really there because we want to promote the club. We're there because we enjoy the event and we want to help our friends compete.

On the other hand, the club only has two big events a year and it wouldn't exactly bankrupt them to provide us with a few creature comforts while we're supporting the club's presence at the event.

...and don't forget, JB's Lear Jet can't be cheap to run. :p

Probs wrong word " sell " but you get my drift ..."provide" for MKiv members. Just think if we were to pay what the ludicrous prices at TOTB this year and do it for club members only ....we would have enough to put some fuel in JB's learjet and have Gordon Ramsey do the cooking. Dificult one i Know .

I have said it on other threads, Im a tight arse with club funds but having seen what Ray does with events I can see spending the money is well worth it so we wont be scrimping around at events. TOTB was tricky, it would have meant going out of the event to get stuff and then coming back, the queues looked a bit lively to me but in hindsight I should have gone.

So you are right, the club should fund the food stuffs or at least charge a nominal amount for it to cover costs.

JB

it would be good to see club funds buy a heavy duty camping stove with gas bottles and maybe a big kettol for people wanting to brew up. but as to using club funds to feed people is a bit unfair. all you have to do is bring some of your own food and cook it together or people chip in to buy some burgers and breadcakes. i always make sure we have plenty of drinks when we out at meets. plenty of tea and coffee and pop and water now. got a small camping stove and pan. warm up some soup or all day breakfast in a tin.

my mates wife has a catering van and he tells me of the huge markup on food. some of the burgers they sell for traders only contain 50% meat. the traders who do big shows buy a big box of them for £3. my mate pays a bit more for his burgers that contain 80% meat.

its more profit if you can get them for next to nothing. all the contract traders get together and agree to sell them at a certain price. they have to pay a pitch fee to the people who organize the event. so you can expect them to charge more to get there costs back.

tea and coffee will be free like always from me to club members. and plenty of free fruit too.

xxx

xx

x