The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Complete newbie

hob

Hello people, Im a complete newbie here, I was just wondering what the diff models of the supra are avalible, I know there is a non turbo and twin turbo what sort of performance are we talking (0-60) also is anyone here under 21 and own a supra?

cheers,

hob

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi mate there are plenty under 21 drivers but excpecdt to pay over 1400 for insurance on a supra, as for models there are a few

sz non turbo auto

sz non turbo manaul

sz aerotop auto

rz twin turbo auto

rz twin turbo manual

gz twin turbo auto and poss manual but i never seen one

gz twinturbo aerotop auto

then there is newer models vvti, non turbos with six speed boxes. triptronic models

ul be paying alot more then! .... ring and get a few quotes!

I got a quote for the 220 bhp one for £1400, atm since my car is within 3 years old they wont let me go third party, but since supras are > 3yrs its a lot less for a lot more :) What sort of age/ condition/ price is the norm?

Guest t1tman

i'm 34 and my ins was 1400quid on a '96 TT. been driving since 17 with clean history.....nothing short of daylight robbery if you ask me!

I was paying about £1500 (23, 5 years NCB) on an imported TT, but that's with Elephant :scare: Then came the two claims within a year so I'll have to see what happens when I come to renew :eek:

By the way I wouldn't be too suprised if the club insurer (Sky) aren't the cheapest for you.... I don't think they're particularly good for young drivers, but at least when you call them they're polite helpful and very knowledgable with Supras :thumbs: So well worth a try.

I know what you mean about the difference in prices, I was paying £1200 on a 2.0 Mondeo before I got the soop! May as well pay a bit more for something faster ;)

I'm also looking to buy a Supra soon and have just been quoted £540 by Sky on a 1994 NA - 30yrs old with only 2yrs NCB and 3 points. Oh yeah, that also includes my missus who has 0 ncb and has only held a licence for 4 years!!

At least the southerners cant slag us off about our "CHEAP" insurance!

:clap:

Guest t1tman
Oh yeah, that also includes my missus who has 0 ncb and has only held a licence for 4 years!!
JEEZ MAN!!!!! R U serious? UR really gonna let her D-D-D-D-D-Drive ya NEW Supra? Hmmmmmm, was she watching you write that post, by any chance? lol:scare:

Lots of insurance threads already on here - seems it depends on your location a lot of the time - I only pay £1500. 23 with 6 years NCB. I was paying £1200 on my ZR, but that was a 160! :p

wow, of all the sites tbourner! :clap: